Coral Vue Hydros

Fluval Spec iii and V replacement pump

rimga123

Good day you all,

Has anyone recently upgraded the pump on their fluval spec tank and would be able to steer me into the right direction.

I am hoping to setup a small pest tank and I got a fluval spec iii tank with no pump and i am struggling to find a replacement. the stock pump is quite expensive for what it is and I would want something more powerful. The most recent suggestion that I found was a hydor pico pump, but i cannot find any for sale in Europe. Every other suggestion that i found even from a year or two before, seems like have been discontinued.

11 hours ago, rimga123 said:

I have read about these, but cannot find any for sale. Amazon shows it not being available anymore.

I think the new rebranded name is Newa 606 or MN606. I see some on eBay

• Like 2

Hi all,

So I actually ordered this pump from amazon before i got any of this advice. It was cheap and i thought that i will just return if it does not do the work.

But it did fit into spec 3 without a problem, but it would not fit into spec V

It is super quiet, but the flow does not look like 350l/h to me. It seems like it may even put out less flow than the stock fluval pump. And i did make sure that its wide open.

I have ordered 606 pump just in case this one craps out in a month or so. But so far it is getting the job done.

Screenshot_20220125-102858_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• Like 1