Innovative Marine Aquariums

Zoa Identification Please

Kpatel28

Hello all, 

Wasn't sure if I should post this in corals or identification so I'm taking a shot here. Bought my first frag of zoas from the LFS yesterday for $20.00. The employee couldn't tell me the species, so seeing if anyone here can help. Also...what are those orang bulbs that are with my zoas??

I'm hoping that they will open up more here in the next few days! 

TIA, 

KPIMG_7733.thumb.jpeg.cd281fa5484947bc7d5a89c76db49fc4.jpegIMG_7732.thumb.jpeg.9003271a9334c6ab0ff9c59874b825f5.jpeg

NoOneLikesADryTang

It’s hard to tell from the picture, since they aren’t very opened, but my best guess would be gorilla nipples or blow pops. 

The bulbs are sponges. Good to have in a tank, but just watch to make sure it doesn’t smother your zoas. If it starts to, you can just peel it off and throw it out. 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

It’s hard to tell from the picture, since they aren’t very opened, but my best guess would be gorilla nipples or blow pops. 

The bulbs are sponges. Good to have in a tank, but just watch to make sure it doesn’t smother your zoas. If it starts to, you can just peel it off and throw it out. 

I think you’re right that it’s Gorilla Nipples. Here’s another pic. Thanks for the ID help!

C1462F31-F003-4B78-AAB3-8388A52D9CA9.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all, 

I have another Zoa identification need. Again, sorry for the bad pictures. Really wish the LFS would identify them, but I guess when you have some other locals brining in and selling their Zoas to them it can be difficult to identify. 

\IMG_7801.thumb.jpeg.6996952c2f9d6a1861cad366c1abd29e.jpegIMG_7804.thumb.jpeg.6371d4322c11b139315e183d6c7cc229.jpeg