inTank Media Baskets

WTB 2 Kessil A80 with 1 controller

10gallonReefer

Gotcha,,, that is a relatively deep tank and I am not sure if two A80's would cut it; it in part depends on your coral selection.  I don't want to tell you how to spend your money, but you could get two ai primes for a similar price (maybe a little more) but you will have a better ability top control the spectrum and much more powerful lights.  The kessils are only 15 watts a piece but the ai primes are 55 watts each, so you are getting a much stronger light wit high par outputs.

Here is a thread with a good discussion on both options.

• Thanks 1
10gallonReefer
1 hour ago, aclman88 said:

Gotcha,,, that is a relatively deep tank and I am not sure if two A80's would cut it; it in part depends on your coral selection.  I don't want to tell you how to spend your money, but you could get two ai primes for a similar price (maybe a little more) but you will have a better ability top control the spectrum and much more powerful lights.  The kessils are only 15 watts a piece but the ai primes are 55 watts each, so you are getting a much stronger light wit high par outputs.

Here is a thread with a good discussion on both options.

This is just a Temporary solution while I save for AP9X. I’m a fan of Kessil so I stick to their products. I am going to fill with low par corals… Favia, shrooms, Goni, acans, Duncan, blasto, I have some chalice I want to try also

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2022 at 6:32 PM, 10gallonReefer said:

29g

Curious - why did you say " black box trash "

As a blackbox owner, not offended, just curious.  I've been quite happy with my viparspectra blackbox.  Have even considered another one for future build.

29 ( if standard tank size ) seems a bit deep of a tank for A80's from what I have read.  Even with 2 of em. 

• Like 1
10gallonReefer
15 hours ago, Jakesaw said:

Curious - why did you say " black box trash "

As a blackbox owner, not offended, just curious.  I've been quite happy with my viparspectra blackbox.  Have even considered another one for future build.

29 ( if standard tank size ) seems a bit deep of a tank for A80's from what I have read.  Even with 2 of em. 

I didn’t get a good light it is terrible and doesn’t perform as said… not saying black box is bad I ended up getting aquaKnight and Nicrew strip to get my par right. So I still have blackbox just that other one specifically was awful… not mean to all blackbox

10gallonReefer
15 hours ago, Jakesaw said:

Sorry ya got a lemon. 

Varying quality of lights out there.  Glad you got a light that's working for ya. 

Yeah actually still looking for the A80s. But I got the aquaKnight for $10 local no whites working and added the $20 Nicrew WB only strip to add in a bit more par and a slight bit of white to balance the color to my liking…. Getting around 250par at highest rock so not complaining about $30 at all lol. I just want the Kessil shimmer

39 minutes ago, 10gallonReefer said:

Yeah actually still looking for the A80s. But I got the aquaKnight for $10 local no whites working and added the $20 Nicrew WB only strip to add in a bit more par and a slight bit of white to balance the color to my liking…

Used is great in the hobby.  I was looking at all the inexpensive lights.  Got my Viparspectra locally used - 3 months old.  The guy bought an AI Prime HD. Got to test before buying and saw the Amazon receipt on his phone.

It's overkill for my 10 gallon, but plenty of light for upgraded tank when I go that route.  

• Like 2
  • Recommended Discussions