Cultivated Reef

Cleaning of algae and corral issues

MikeQ

New to the site other than reading tons of posts. First of my fluval 13.5 (11 months old) has some algae issues not sure how to do a full cleaning if I can pull most rock and corral to get a max clean in? Meads basket in chamber one stock in two new pump coming for chamber 3 with heater do for a good water change and would love to nip this algae once and for all. I do not know most names or types of corral but lately a few are not looking so great. Could be algae or need of water change which is do parameters on the high side. Any help would be Appreciated

CBCD1D69-A20B-4CAF-9474-3C58E2158828.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by MikeQ
Add pics

A couple of things you can do.  Get an urchin or a lawnmower blenny they'll take care of your algae issues stock wise.  If you can't do that, then reduce your white light time if you are using that in your tank, otherwise, you will have to take your rock and scrub it to get the algae off.  There are chemicals out there to help with the reduction of algae in saltwater aquariums, but, I always like to try and go the natural route first.  Also, make sure your nitrates and nitrites are not too high that can also lead to extensive algae growth.