Pod Your Reef

IM Pro10 - What next?

debbeach13

This is the tank I won on Oct. 30, 2020. First let me once again say Thank You to IM and Christopher for having that drawing. I am truly grateful.

Tank - IM Nuvo Fusion Pro 10

Stand - APS

Light - Hipargero 30w

Heater - Aqua Forest heater with controller

Sand - Caribsea special grade live sand

Rock - Dry rock seeded with a little live rock

The rock has been in an old tank with a heater and pump since last July. The sand is from a bag received with a tiny hole in it so it was placed in an old salt bucket with a lid but not opened until today. Open the bag and there was no odor at all. I gave it a rinse before using. 

ADBC7FE4-FCAC-4B4E-A7B6-68C95BFD8581.jpeg

Edited by debbeach13
Add heater
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Diver Dan here.
Happy Birthday to the human. She had her phone on speaker and I heard people sing to her.

The bad news I also heard is her youngest son, his wife and the grandkids are all sick. Flu like symptoms but probably Covid. So no contact with those guys. Any way what she been up to first and most important she is letting me hang out in the tank for now. 

It’s official - the nano reef sticker has been added.

Temperature is 78.

SG is 1.025. 
API nitrate and phosphate results. 

4CFC864B-965B-4BE7-B802-0CBE8D28AF6A.jpeg

90E6A7A1-945A-460B-A5D1-62047FC5A16F.jpeg

08C0CFE0-2E30-4723-A7AC-B96089ADC651.jpeg

• Like 5

Diver Dan here just spotted life  one asterina star and a brittle. The brittle star is in the little cave near the top of the rock, see the leg? Asterina on the side glass. If you enlarge the photo you can see more if it.4BF463E7-5F43-4C45-AE3B-62408E7122AA.thumb.jpeg.6a1c300596e4e26aab85284e29e0ce6e.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
  • Agree 1

Diver Dan here good morning everyone. I am no longer the only temporary resident in this tank. The human added frags this morning. Clove polyps just cut this morning. A mushroom that dropped babies last week, a toadstool and blue Kenya tree recovering from almost being cooked, and a tiny pulsing Xenia. 

4C341F0D-9BDA-45BB-AF04-A64C2B2400B9.jpeg

4D8AE96D-FA93-4B96-A9DE-ACFFC7173EFD.jpeg

6B72ED52-9A9E-40B0-8AF6-00541FBE02F0.jpeg

6BB87D4F-1D7C-4526-892D-3D1BA234BA59.jpeg

• Like 4

In addition to the new frags a small cup of sand (just a single serving size apple sauce cup) from the 20L was added in here. Now there is at least one bristle worm and possibly a spaghetti worm. Going to try to leave as is for now.

Eventually, hopefully this tank will be acans, gorgonians, sun corals, and a couple fire fish. 

• Like 5

Last night after reading some one's old thread I changed the pump from stream to sine. Also upped the flow from .1 to .2 which made a small improvement of the amount of sand be blown out of the front corner. The Xenia frag was detached, reglued that. Since my hand was in the tank I turned the main rock 1/4 turn. Now the view I will see most often is where the sun corals will go. Other things also moved to get the tiny frag into a low flow zone but in view. I should make a new larger frag of the Kenya tree and the Xenia.

Note to self the water volume is just a little less than 8 gallons after the sand and rock.

• Like 1

The Xenia is off the plug again. I put the Kenya Tree from the 20L in the IM. After cutting it off of the shell it was on. It was tall, lanky, and bent over. Now stuck in a corner in the sand with a rock

holding it in place. This is my tank canary. Always has been. Also put the sad little frag of Kenya in the 20L and the clove polyp frag. Haven’t moved the toadstool. Not yet anyway. Here is the new scape made for my viewing pleasure while sitting at the kitchen table. 

I see places for sun coral do you?

85FA48AB-D063-42F1-8CE4-0C6A9EDC180F.jpeg

06FA7CEF-881C-4D68-BE5F-74ABBEEAAA9A.jpeg

7EA5A6DE-2225-4868-9289-751DEDCEBAFB.jpeg

• Like 8
25 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

The only thing I have learned over the years about Xenia is to try not to expose it to air. Even when fragging or transporting keep it in the water.

Thanks for the tip! 🙂

I'm not sure if I'll ever give it a try again in any of my tanks though. Gotta admit it does look beautiful when it grows out - especially the pulsing variety. 

• Like 4

The floating Xenia landed and is on top of the tall rock. Side ways or upside down I can’t tell. Todays other visual inventory.

2 asterina stars

1 brittle star

toadstool and Kenya Tree 

and a baby snail. It will probably starve no algae yet.

• Like 2

Diver Dan here. The human decided to use that magnet glass cleaner thing a ma giggy.  Scared the bigeezus out of me such a loud noise when she put it on the tank. I thought the glass cracked. Thankfully it didn’t. When she moved it to a different side for cleaning she did much better. After that she changed just the cotton balls in the filter caddy with blue pad. So not to remove to much biological stuff at once. 

76CE6A72-E3E2-467C-86EE-0CECE28DEAD4.jpeg

A6502A66-C770-4CD4-88A8-0E31CAC1097B.jpeg

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...

Diver Dan letting you know things have been quiet for the last couple of weeks. Back to picking the Grand Kids up after school 4 times a week. Plus, company result in no hands in tank. The human didn't even bother to put her notes in here so I will before I forget.

On 1/26/22 she cut the new Kenya Tree frag in half and glued the pieces, one to a plug and one to rubble. Both are doing great. She also put that new green hairy mushroom from the 20L in here that day. Even though the clove polyps were pulled out. A little piece was left behind so about 3 polyps are growing at the bottom of the tall rock facing the left back corner.  Rumor is that none of this coral will be staying in here long term. I feel bad for them since most likely I won't be either. Then again, I believe my good sense of humor and looks will help change her mind. 

• Like 4
NoOneLikesADryTang
10 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

I believe my good sense of humor and looks will help change her mind. 

This is exactly what I rely on for my tank keeper also, Dan. So far, so good for me. 

• Haha 3

Now that the holiday and vacation spending is paid off I can make a shopping list and move things along with this tank. Question - What handy little gadget do you use to clean the walls of the chambers in the filter compartments? I have one of those contraptions with a plastic scraper on one end (which is almost useless) and a sponge on the other. Is there something better?

Other things I need before livestock. Power strip with individual switches. Those little extension cords that let you plug in fat plugs that I guess is a transformer, so they do not cover up the receptacle next to them, and an ATO. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Now that the holiday and vacation spending is paid off I can make a shopping list and move things along with this tank. Question - What handy little gadget do you use to clean the walls of the chambers in the filter compartments? I have one of those contraptions with a plastic scraper on one end (which is almost useless) and a sponge on the other. Is there something better?

Other things I need before livestock. Power strip with individual switches. Those little extension cords that let you plug in fat plugs that I guess is a transformer, so they do not cover up the receptacle next to them, and an ATO. 

My scraper is by continuum aquatic, I like it, very solid feel, and replacement blades are the one thing I support my LFS, lol.  idk if its head is arrow enough for your purpose.

I used to just leave the walls on my back filter chambers alone....whatever critters grew in there became part of the natural filtration team.  one thing I used to hate about those smaller IM tanks was the false floor under chamber 1 & 2.  I tried to squirt, or stir very vigorously to get water in there to get detritus out every now and again when I did water changes

• Like 2
  • debbeach13 changed the title to IM Pro10 - What next?