SaltCritters.com

IM Pro10 - What next?

debbeach13

Christopher Marks
40 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Question - What handy little gadget do you use to clean the walls of the chambers in the filter compartments? I have one of those contraptions with a plastic scraper on one end (which is almost useless) and a sponge on the other. Is there something better?

I like forceps and ‘Mr Clean’ Magic Erasers, I buy generic melamine sponges and cut them into smaller pieces with scissors. Abrasive on a micro level, I like to clean glass with them in particular.

• Like 3

I ordered the items in the list. Should be delivered by next Friday. I am going to try the AutoAqua smart ATO micro Lite. The new ATO will be used on the 20L since I can visually see the water level. I installed the original model on the IM. Since the water level that is most important is the chamber with the return pump is out of sight, I want the audio alarm on this tank. 

• Like 4

Early delivery. The new power strip is over an inch shorter. It does fit better than the old one and has individual switches. I will do a little cable management with zip ties later. Just glad to get the power strip and ATO container into the cabinet for now. So I can get rid of the little table. Does not look like much else will be going in the cabinet. Today marks one month old. 

D35D2AA4-5B5B-4EEB-8826-78CFF34C6473.jpeg

1DDAD7C8-D33E-4A48-831E-517D6149417F.jpeg

FAF97BA3-A61B-445E-98E3-4204EAEA3AA4.jpeg

99009B12-A1B9-49D7-AFA8-A3CFE8726AAD.jpeg

• Like 5

Diver Dan here just letting everyone know that the human is up to no good. She removed one Kenya Tree and the green hairy mushroom. Then she put an acan polyp and a candy cane with 3 polyps on the main rock. Something about these being coral she wants in this tank. Both of the corals have those little feeding tentacles out so she gave them a tiny squirt of reef roids. The most important thing is I am still here. 

• Like 5

Diver Dan updating ya all. The human went shopping today! 

Top Shelf Aquatic - fully stocked. Corals, fish, and inverts galore. 

Additions made today. 1. Astrea, 1 Nassarius - this guy is rather large. 2 blue leg hermits.

2 Acans and 2 red fire fish.

P.S. Yesterday she added 2 snails from Petco. 

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

What do you think? The larger fish seems to have adjusted right away. Swimming around and ate some frozen mysis. The little guy stayed on the bottom hiding most of time. Should I go get a new fire-fish while they are in stock?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

I previously had two that always hung out together. I might be wrong, but I think two are OK together but if you try three the smallest will get harassed to death. Especially in a nano.

It does sound like either stress or bullying.

• Like 2

Diver Dan here. Do you like how I changed the title?? I hope I didn't jinx it. LOL

The human was doing some maintenance on the other tank and the new water was at 1.030SG. After adding 48oz. of water to fix that. She pulled the media rack and sucked out chambers 1 and 2. Not much there well not much came out. New carbon and floss. The more interesting event was a new small rock with a little GSP and an RFA. Thank you, Seafern. It is small again, but it survived when the 20L cooked. I think it is going to make it.

• Like 4
  • debbeach13 changed the title to Diver Dan's Forever home. IM Nuvo Fusion Pro 10 - It's about time

Last night I noticed the possibility to snap off the GSP from that rock. I was able to do that. In the process the RFA also detached. Now the RFA is on a different rock and the GSP and its rock are back in the 20L.

I am not really in love with this light. Although it seems to be working fine for assimilating the coral to this tank. It is staying for now happy corals trump my visual desires.

• Like 4
  • debbeach13 changed the title to IM Pro10 - What next?