Coral Vue Hydros

IM Pro10 - What next?

debbeach13

4 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Good morning. Well not really. Diver Dan here with some bad news. This tank has been fishless for two days. During the now almost daily routine of sucking algae of the sand bad. Fredric jumped again. Only this time the human could not find him anywhere. Not on the floor around the tank and not in the back chambers. She took everything out of the chambers to check. Also, not in the tank stand. She is pretty upset with herself. 

I’m sorry 😞 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

It is coming up on two weeks of this tank being fishless. This has allowed the baby snails to actually thrive and grow. Considering looking in a couple local stores over the weekend to see what fish are in stock. 

• Like 4

Just made plans to have lunch with my oldest and his wife. It just so happens the restaurant she picked in less than 10 minutes from Top Shelf Aquatics. When opportunity knocks I answer the door. I will be so happy if they have any suitable goby's that can be kept in a small group.

• Like 2
NoOneLikesADryTang
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

Just made plans to have lunch with my oldest and his wife. It just so happens the restaurant she picked in less than 10 minutes from Top Shelf Aquatics. When opportunity knocks I answer the door. I will be so happy if they have any suitable goby's that can be kept in a small group.

I’m pulling for you!! 

Also, it was really sweet of her to pick a place near a nice store for you! 

Deputy_Pooh
6 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

I was just at Top Shelf last week. Nice customer service and the frags were priced great. 

TSA is my go-to store. They had 4 or 5 green banded goby's. They were tiny itty bitty cute as hell. About half as thick as my baby finger nail. I didn't end up getting any thing today. As always the store was well stocked with goodies and busy.

Deputy_Pooh
16 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

TSA is my go-to store. They had 4 or 5 green banded goby's. They were tiny itty bitty cute as hell. About half as thick as my baby finger nail. I didn't end up getting any thing today. As always the store was well stocked with goodies and busy.

I didn’t really focus on the fishes when I was there but I loved their corals. Living reef has a lot of juvenile fishes. I want something small and young and between TSA, LR and WWC, I would chose LR for fishes only bc of the sizes  they carry. 

• Like 1

Didn't get a fish yet but I removed the Kenya tree and put it back in the 20L. Also removed the hammers from the plugs and put each on their own small piece of rock. Found some stringy algae that I will try to manually remove. Considering breaking the top rock off the tower. Most of the acans are on the top of it and I am wondering if they are too high in the tank. Does any one haveany thoughts on that?

NoOneLikesADryTang
2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Most of the acans are on the top of it and I am wondering if they are too high in the tank. Does any one haveany thoughts on that?

Acans will generally adapt to whatever is thrown at them in terms of lighting and flow… With that being said, they don’t need much light to thrive, so I usually keep them low in our tank. 

• Thanks 1
ryans.salty.crew
7 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Didn't get a fish yet but I removed the Kenya tree and put it back in the 20L. Also removed the hammers from the plugs and put each on their own small piece of rock. Found some stringy algae that I will try to manually remove. Considering breaking the top rock off the tower. Most of the acans are on the top of it and I am wondering if they are too high in the tank. Does any one haveany thoughts on that?

Had to give this little tank a follow. I like what you post about it. I have my acan lower in my tank and he has seemed to enjoy it there. Just keep an eye on it, as long as it opens up and seems happy, than you can leave it if that's where you like it.

• Like 1

I did a 1 gallon WC and replaced the carbon and filter floss. I removed the main rock and pulled some algae of. Then using a Q-tip with hydrogen peroxide dabbed the remaining areas. I didn't remove the top portion just left it as is. Hopefully I didn't do more harm than good. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Things have been about as bad as the get for the last month because my sweet dog Abby was not well. I can not explain all the details because it is so painful. She crossed the rainbow bridge last Friday. 

F56EF41B-B11A-4A97-BC60-D6BCB6358FD5.jpeg

C97D2BE6-7899-4113-A91D-CE525D34CE6D.jpeg

3E073194-B4A9-4F6D-9EE9-8CC7927E726E.jpeg

• Sad 5

This is current state of the tank. It has been completely neglected. Yesterday I tried testing but can not promise I did everything correct.

Ca 380, KH 11, PO4 .25, NO3 5-10, temp. 80 and SG 1.024. It is what it is. Last WC was on 5/28. Also diver Dan was temporarily removed that day to vacuum and I just haven’t stuck him back in yet. Just turned lights on and didn’t clean the glass.

993E7122-8137-4FFE-A24E-9712DC2DF95E.jpeg

4B218148-E936-4718-AD64-407D62533C3E.jpeg

D3508E0D-9B99-49D3-9599-71CC3CBF3A91.jpeg

EF162BD5-74CF-494B-9755-D635B4BA9D65.jpeg

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

This is current state of the tank. It has been completely neglected.

Doesn't look so bad.  I'll have to update my threads and show you what real neglect looks like.

• Haha 3
  • 5 weeks later...

Diver Dan here. The human has been a little antisocial and very sad since she lost Abby. Tonight she removed me from the tank. Placed me in something called a suit case. Luckily after she filled it up with other stuff she removed me. Now I guess we’re going on vacation. Headed to the airport, what ever that is. At least she seems happy about it!

8598433C-4B89-4BF0-AC07-14C9D2F02041.jpeg

A206CA98-A64A-4E6A-8256-BA7BDA4E9909.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • debbeach13 changed the title to IM Pro10 - What next?