Top Shelf Aquatics

IM Pro10 - What next?

debbeach13

Dirty glass, pump on, and new phone. Just whites 1st photo. All on second photo. No real improvement on my photo’s. Went from IPhone 7 to 13. Oh well

Changes since last photos. The RFA on the new rock all alone. Moved a two polyp acan from the front to the top. Half of it was in the cave and I didn’t like it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

I like it and am sure Diver Dan finds it very comfy.  How do you like the fire fish?  I have been thinking about putting a couple in my 75, but am concerned because some people say they are very shy. 

My tank is covered so that wouldn't be a problem, but my current fish might keep him from coming out and swimming.  I have a foxface, 2 clowns, 2 blue damsels, pj cardinal, and a sixline.  I had to put the smaller 6 in a 2 1/2 gallon for the couple of hours it took to clean my tank, and no one bothered anyone else.  They all hang out together in my GSP.  I think a couple of firefish would look great in the tank.  Maybe I will get lucky and get some that stay out in the open.

I honestly don’t think firefish will do good with the fish you have. They will get eaten alive. Way to peaceful for a damsel tank. Maybe if they were first in the tank well established in their hide holes but even then risky!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This morning I took the lid off and shut the pump off to feed the corals a mix of marine snow and reef-roids. While feeding the fire-fish jumped out. A 50" drop to the floor. I immediately put him back in the tank. I will keep a close watch and hope for the best.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Wow 2

Direr Dan here reporting the stupid fish that jumped out and landed on the tile floor seems fine. I think if he is around in the morning he should get a name. He just ate some flakes. 

6892F3FD-50A6-4D70-99E2-07B8ECD645CE.jpeg

C663A0B7-CFCA-4F4B-8BE7-445F7ED9C929.jpeg

7A66F217-0519-4F23-B607-D90B4F4E4487.jpeg

• Like 4

Good evening, Diver Dan here I just watched the little fire-fish devore some frozen brine and decided his proper name shall be Francis. Not much else going on unless you get a thrill out of snails eating diatoms off the glass. Woot Woot if you do then this tank is a thrill a minute.  

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

This tank just passed the two-month-old mark on 3/13. I shouldn't but I might just blow my budget and go see if Top Shelf Aquatics has some coral I would like in here. I have never seen sun coral there but maybe a hammer! Just not sure about the light. 

• Like 4
The Rainy Day Aquarium

I’m sure Diver Dan wouldn’t disdain of new additions to his little underwater sea there 😉

I think you could pull off keeping a hammer in there. Maybe try with a not so expensive one and see how it goes first before investing a little more?

• Like 1

1 green splatter and 1 green tip hammer along with a cleaner shrimp are now sitting and the tank. Also grabbed a new magnet cleaner for the 20L while I was there. It is so dangerous going there. Thousands of corals that you want. So hard to keep walking past them. 

I am enjoying retirement for the most part, but I miss being able to just work some overtime for coral money. I will post up a picture or 2 after a few hours.  

• Like 3

Diver Dan here Good morning 

little update the new shrimp molted last night. Personally I think this should mean that the human gives the little guy a name. Oh and I think Francis is afraid of the shrimp. 

B90F2778-0642-4734-9024-5F081A157A50.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Diver Dan here look at this crap on the sand. The human is not happy. She emptied the tank and completely cleaned the sand. It’s all back together now. She will probably post a new picture when the lights come on. 9FE27461-A41D-4FB9-860F-3E3BBABE9454.thumb.jpeg.8832459ac753cb58a390ae6a048b66d7.jpeg

0AA8E956-9445-445B-A065-F230A64AC564.jpeg

• Like 1

Yesterday after testing I took out one gallon of water from the IM siphoning some algae off the top of the sand bed. I replaced with a gallon of water from the 20L which got one gallon of new SW to replace it. Last night I feed the tank about twice as much frozen shrimp. This morning retested and No3 is 5. I just feed the normal weekly amount of marine snow and reef-roids. 

There are some more algae on the sand. I will siphon that out and replace the water with new SW and test again tomorrow. The joys of reefing.

• Like 2

Good morning. Well not really. Diver Dan here with some bad news. This tank has been fishless for two days. During the now almost daily routine of sucking algae of the sand bad. Fredric jumped again. Only this time the human could not find him anywhere. Not on the floor around the tank and not in the back chambers. She took everything out of the chambers to check. Also, not in the tank stand. She is pretty upset with herself. 

• Sad 8
  • debbeach13 changed the title to IM Pro10 - What next?