Top Shelf Aquatics

Red Sea Reservoir Planted Tank?

Kayman

I have had the 2gallon ato reservoir sitting in a closet for awhile and have decided I'm going to turn it into a little planted tank. Seems like I should be able to set it up for under $100. Was wondering if anyone here has ever done something similar with their's or seen someone else do it. 

20220112_165259.thumb.jpg.b70b7adfd110dc1d30e0a7fca51136d5.jpg

• Like 2

I’m actually thinking of doing the same thing with mine. But as when I got it it had a leak at the top so I was never able to fill it completely I will use mine a terrarium. My new top of just arrived after about 6 months. For making it a aquarium remember to seal of the hole that the pipe attaches to

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Xj reefing said:

I’m actually thinking of doing the same thing with mine. But as when I got it it had a leak at the top so I was never able to fill it completely I will use mine a terrarium. My new top of just arrived after about 6 months. For making it a aquarium remember to seal of the hole that the pipe attaches to

Oh nice, what would you plan on keeping in the terrarium?

Yeah I took a very small piece of acrylic and blocked the hole with it and then covered it with silicon and filled the hole on the outside with silicon. Will get it a leak test tomorrow after it has fully cured, I think it should be good.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Kayman said:

Oh nice, what would you plan on keeping in the terrarium?

I’m not exactly sure at the moment. I know that I definitely want to get some nerve plants. One lfs near me has a nice range of terrarium plants so I will have to go for a browse there.

• Like 2