Cultivated Reef

PicoPro Build

migueljones

Hey everyone. New to this forum but wanted to get some advice/suggestions regarding my build. So far so good just using the aeration stone and weekly water changes. Had some issues getting everything stable but adding red oggo to the mix has really helped export nutrients associated with my firefish and cleaner shrimp.

I would love to add a bit more movement though. Everything I've found on amazon seems overpowered. The tank is just 2.5 gallons of water and I do not want to create a vortex. Would love suggestions or if someone has one they want to sell/offload. 

20220110_171337.jpg

20211225_185452.jpg

• Like 2

Hello and welcome to nano-reef.

From what I understand about Firefish and the following guide on "what nano fish in what volume", you have chosen the wrong fish for this volume of water.

For flow, you should look at what other reefers used in their small setup.

It seems that removing the air stone may help with your flow situation.

• Like 2

Hi Miguel,
Welcome, nice to see you joined the forum!
That jar is looking great, looking forward to see more of it 👊 

Can't add much more than what @M. Tournesol said about the flow.
The articles above are all amazing exemple of Picos, you will surely find some nice input.

I personnaly have kind of overkilled it with the flow so I'm probably not the best of example as it stands 😁

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
migueljones
On 5/10/2022 at 9:42 AM, NatureGuy said:

How’s this doing? 

It is doing well aside from dealing with macro-algae issues. The red oggo kept regressing and was slowly turning white so I had to take it out. I am also considering setting up a second larger tank so I can add more flow and move the firefish in to it.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, migueljones said:

It is doing well aside from dealing with macro-algae issues. The red oggo kept regressing and was slowly turning white so I had to take it out. I am also considering setting up a second larger tank so I can add more flow and move the firefish in to it.

Sorry to hear about the macroalgae!