inTank Media Baskets

Hygger ATO

MrZ2u

My AutoAqua ATO puked and I need to replace it.  I have been looking at a lot of different ones and I wonder if any of you have any actual experience with this one...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0928BFK1V

It has favorable reviews on Amazon but many of those don't seem to be the caliber of folks as we find out here :)

Anyhow...love to hear about what any of you may know.

I have found the hygger products tend to be pretty good quality but are usually not the most user friendly.  I would say give it a shot.  You could also reach out to Autoaqua for warranty info or see how much a replacement might be as well.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, aclman88 said:

I have found the hygger products tend to be pretty good quality but are usually not the most user friendly.  I would say give it a shot.  You could also reach out to Autoaqua for warranty info or see how much a replacement might be as well.

F Autoaqua!  They said this particular one was not for sale in the US market so had no warranty...nevermind that it what they who sold it to me via their own Amazon market place.  A friend bought the same one and it failed in the same way.  Both of us complained to Amazon as have a few others judging from the reviews and their market place is gone but there are others that sell it still.  They could have warrantied it if they wanted but didnt so yeah, F them!

***end of rant***

I probably will buy that one and I will test how it likes having power turned off and on because I also plan to have a timer in the mix as some have suggested on a different thread.

8 minutes ago, aclman88 said:

That sucks.  How did they fail?

Both failed pump stuck on.  My tank was nuked and all I was doing was hosting live rock for the coming rebuild.  His wasnt but he got lucky in that his RO reservoir was almost empty.  

I was the AutoAqua Smart ATO Lite specifically in case anyone is considering one.

They are still on Amazon and they appear to only be shipping from one particular merchant who is clearly in China or there abouts.  Same merchant shows it twice, another time with a different "brand" but the images in their ad still show the AutoAqua badged product.  

It would be nice if Bezos cared less about losing the billionaire-boys-club-space-race and showed a little concern for the consumers who made it possible for him to even compete.  Amazon could and should have merchant agreements to the effect of anything they sell in the US market shall have a US warranty, either through the OEM or the merchant themselves...ideally.  At the very least they should be required to indicate that what is being sold is gray market and will have no warranty.  BUT...thats not happening cause it would cost them sales and additional resources to enforce as well and truly, they do not care about anything else.