SaltCritters.com

Nano Reef Frenzy - frozen fish food

Jakesaw

Been feeding Mysis & Brine shrimp for meaty foods for year in hobby. 

Got my first new frozen food and chose the " Nano Reef Frenzy " b/c name and I want to see Frenzy in my tank!

Frozen food has a bit more chunk to it has a fishy smell.  Dissolved in some water and it looks like a smorgasborg of different seafood dishes.  Some small shrimp, meaty pieces of fish, etc.  Was told by the LFS that it would be  a dirty feed, but didn't really seem that way - just well varied sizes of food for nano tank.

My medium sized clownfish LOVED the big ( compared to small shrimp bits he's been eating )  meaty fish parts.  Talbot damsel couldn't fit much in his mouth but he was interested in it. 

Any fish with a decent sized mouth and cornivore / omnivore will probably like this stuff is my best guess. 

----UPDATE -- ingredients

LRS Reef Frenzy® NANO ingredients:

Fresh Wild Caught Scallop

Fresh Wild Caught, Hand Peeled Shrimp

Fresh Wild Caught Perch and Whitefish

Premium Piscine Energetics Mysis Shrimp

Squid

E. pacifica Krill

Fresh Shucked Oysters and Clams

Zooplankton and Rotifers

Oyster Eggs and Ovarian Tissue

Highly Unsaturated Fatty Acids

Buffered Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C to delay oxidation)

D. salina Algae containing beta carotene

LRS Probiotic

UPDATE _ Reef Frenzy ( not nano ) comparison ------------------------

LRS Reef Frenzy® ingredients:

Fresh Wild Caught Scallop

Fresh Wild Caught, Hand Peeled Shrimp

Fresh Wild Caught Ocean Perch and Whitefish

Premium Piscine Energetics Mysis Shrimp

Squid

Euphausia pacifica krill

Fresh Shucked Oysters and Clams

Zooplankton and Rotifers

Seaweed (Porphyra)

Blanched Broccoli Flowers (Rich in Vit A&D)

Oyster Eggs and Ovarian Tissue

Highly Unsaturated Fatty Acids

Buffered ascorbic acid added as an antioxidant

D. salina algae

• Like 2

I have this now and my clownfish go nuts for it (they did fit mysis too), but it has a pretty solid ingredient list consisting of a variety of fresh seafood ingredients. I’ll be sticking with it

• Like 1

Their original reef frenzy has been popular for larger tanks for a while, and the fertility frenzy has been a go-to food for breeders (including university research) for broodstock conditioning.  If you can get it and the sizes are appropriate for your fish, I would consider it one of the higher grades of food available.

• Like 2

Before purchasing the "Nano reef frenzy", I had read it's the same stuff as Reef Frenzy but in smaller package.  I'd be interested to know if anyone has tried both and can confirm this. 

Are the food bits same sized in both packages?

Thanks

Pretty sure the normal reef frenzy is larger pieces if I remember correctly as I stopped buying the nano awhile ago. While it is frozen you can just chop it up with a knife. Save money that way. 

I think it is the best frozen food you can buy premade. 

Edit: actually if you look at ingredient list, the larger reef frenzy pack has more stuff in it such as seaweed and broccoli so definitely not the same. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Have a question about this food for others who use it..

I feed this once or twice a week and my fish eat the food, but do not eat all the frozen nuggets in the mix.  But the tank seems to like it. I notice a fishy smell whenever I remove food from freezer before I defrost in tank water cup.   

It's the only frozen food I use that I notice a strong fishy smell from.  Is this normal for this food ?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Jakesaw said:

Have a question about this food for others who use it..

I feed this once or twice a week and my fish eat the food, but do not eat all the frozen nuggets in the mix.  But the tank seems to like it. I notice a fishy smell whenever I remove food from freezer before I defrost in tank water cup.   

It's the only frozen food I use that I notice a strong fishy smell from.  Is this normal for this food ?

Thanks

Definitely normal in my experience.  I think that speaks to the quality.  It smells similar to frozen seafood meant for human consumption, so I take it as a good sign.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2