Top Shelf Aquatics

WooHoo Baby Turbo!!!! That's like a supercharger right?

Blind Tree Frog

Blind Tree Frog

Like two days ago I bought my first turbo and coral for my 10 gallon. The coral is doing great. The mushrooms are growing nicely (i think at least) and all of the polyps opened right away. Aside from the strange webbing that looks like a blown open coccoon near the polyps everything looks good.

My turbo had a little tiny snail attached to it when I got it. Didn't know what it was, but it looked like it had a shell so I wasn't too worried. Tossed them both in the tank and the tiny one stayed attached for a while and then disappeared.

The next day I can't find my turbo, but I notice on one side of the glass there is this small white thing about half an inch long crawling along. I can barely make out a shell. Note, this is not the same snail that came attached to the turbo, that one was bigger and darker colored.

Well I'm looking around and watching my turbo #### a brick when I notice something crawling in the middle of my tank. Looks like the snail that tagged along got a bit bigger. It's now twice as large and has a well defined shell. I can see a bit of a twist and a knot like a turbo shell even though it's kind of flat right now (like a pistachio shell) so i'm hoping it's a turbo, but it's hard to judge. The antenna are a bit longer then I think I've seen the full grown turbo's look but it seems to be sucking on rock like there is no tommorrow. As long as it eats algae and not coral or animals I'm happy anyhow. But still, watching a baby turbo grow would be cool.

Right now he's small enough the hermits could go after him for his shell. But since the shell doens't look like a good hermit shell, hopefully they'll ignore him until he's big enough to laugh at them.

Anyhow, it's still cool. Wish I had a camera and could take pics.

Blind Tree Frog

right now it's like a pistachio shell pretty much (size and shape), but it looks like it's starting to spin to the turban towards the end. I'ts a good half way across the tank away from the turbo though and sucking down on rock, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be on the turbo still

Blind Tree Frog

Dunno. Grey-ish shell with black speckles. Similar colored body (grey and black). two long antenna. Snot that you can see every time he swallows through it (which is kind of cool). The shell is somewhat long and flat and reminds me of a pistachio shell in shape and size. Does look like it's starting to twirl into a turban shape on the back right side. Is currently sucking the hell out of the rocks where assuming it's looking for algae.

Archived