Top Shelf Aquatics

Hitchhiker pests

Tferr9599

Bought some crabs and snails online for my sons nano reef tank a couple weeks ago that looked suspicious, now my tank is filled with these tiny little bugs that are giving me the heebie-jeebies.
they seem to be multiplying, there must be 30-40 of them. Anyone know what they are, if they’re dangerous, or how to get rid of them? The crab is doing well so I’d hate to have to start the tank over. They crawl all over the sides of the tank, I have a video, will try to add. THANK YOU!!

2 minutes ago, Tferr9599 said:

Bought some crabs and snails online for my sons nano reef tank a couple weeks ago that looked suspicious, now my tank is filled with these tiny little bugs that are giving me the heebie-jeebies.
they seem to be multiplying, there must be 30-40 of them. Anyone know what they are, if they’re dangerous, or how to get rid of them? The crab is doing well so I’d hate to have to start the tank over. They crawl all over the sides of the tank, I have a video, will try to add. THANK YOU!!

Sounds like copepods. Good guys to have. 

Just now, Tferr9599 said:

Thanks for your quick response! Did you see the picture? Cant figure out how to add the video, but they sure seemed parasitic. Reading up copepods now

Can’t see any photos.