SaltCritters.com

Are these mushrooms melting?

Tryp72

Just added this Golden Gonzo to my tank 2 days ago.  The mushroom is two heads and they are open but they look like they are just melting into the rockscape.  All the other corals in my tank have good extension and definition.  These are kind of just limp and lifeless.  To anybody familiar with these types of mushrooms, is this normal?

Thanks for looking

IMG_8311.jpeg

IMG_8306.jpeg

On 12/29/2021 at 5:12 PM, Tryp72 said:

Just added this Golden Gonzo to my tank 2 days ago.  The mushroom is two heads and they are open but they look like they are just melting into the rockscape.  All the other corals in my tank have good extension and definition.  These are kind of just limp and lifeless.  To anybody familiar with these types of mushrooms, is this normal?

Thanks for looking

IMG_8311.jpeg

IMG_8306.jpeg

Can you summarize the stats on your tank for us?   How are ca, alk, mg, no3, po4, s.g. and temp?  Anything else interesting?

Sure,

8 gallon tank

Ca 420

KH 12

PO4 0.25

NO3 10

SG 1.025

Temp 77.8

PH 7.9

My first tank, has been running 1.5 months.  only 1 Yasha Gobi, the rest inverts and mostly soft corals.  weekly 2 gallon water changes.  Again,  All other corals look good.  zoanthids and firework cloves are actually producing more polyps.  The new mushroom remains open and flat against the rockscape.  maybe this is the way it should look and I'm just not used to it because it doesn't look like my other discosoma or rhodactis mushrooms.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...