nanodave2348

New Nano build

nanodave2348

After a year out of the hobby I am starting a new nano reef until I buy my house. Its a 10 gallon which I added about another 10-15 gallons in the sump. Im only a week in so its just rock and sand righ now but I have some BIG plans for this little guy. I'm going to be detailing the journey in this thread if you want to follow along. Heres a few shots of the first week:

Tank 2.jpg

Tank 3.jpg

Tank 4.jpg

Tank 5.jpg

Tank 1.jpg

• Like 2

debbeach13

Welcome back. Good luck with the new set up. It looks like a good start. Welcome to nano reef. Have you started thinking about what you want for livestock?

nanodave2348
4 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Welcome back. Good luck with the new set up. It looks like a good start. Welcome to nano reef. Have you started thinking about what you want for livestock?

Yea I'm just going to keep it simple this time and do a zoa garden on that left island, then on the middle island do an invasin one like pulsing xenia or green star polyp, most likely the xenis depending how the flow looks if its not too strong there, then on the large rock duncans, torchs, all euphylia. Then Id like some lobophylia and some mushrooms either on the sand under that over hang or low on the big rock, and maybe one leather coral but I know if that leather gets pissed in that small system it could be bad lol. I'm still undecided on a bubble tip anemone cause my fish are going to be just 2 clowns and thats it but if I do I'm going to put the BTA in by himself for like a month until he finds his perfect spot and then move on. Not sure about the BTA yet though.

• Like 1

nanodave2348

Added my first 3 corals to the build…

5FD8CDC8-2740-45DB-B640-5B40878AFD7D.jpeg

08005DA3-461B-428C-AF62-C3769F8A1FE5.jpeg

AE2CF018-8A37-433A-A15E-3DBCA52B7AF8.jpeg

0FA0C1C2-DBA2-4415-BD87-485D9FDCEA35.jpeg

• Like 1

nanodave2348

Does anyone know why my mushroom looks like this?? Mouth has been like this the whole time. I fed mysis yesterday and he ate but he’s just got his mouth like this for some reason. Any help would be awesome

image.jpg

nanodave2348

Few new pieces I picked up. I’m in love with this rock flower anemone. I put him in this spot and he stayed the only thing is he tucked into the rock a bit so he’s facing a little backwards. I’m not going to disturb him because he’s staying put and seems happy but I wish I could see more of him. Oh well. Happy with the pieces I got anyway

C332D623-1FFA-4CBB-A045-3B785C01AB04.jpeg

3AF7DC25-99AF-4A9B-B536-8117B3FC1C0B.jpeg

0AA6538A-6C0C-466B-8DE2-6EFDA96B5111.jpeg

E41AAA9D-37CF-4458-97C7-DFB3ECEC8B91.jpeg

D5D0AC62-2859-4BC5-A194-7316052D1FE1.jpeg

402C3FD7-5827-4529-8CA4-9190B2F774CA.jpeg

F8C8E8A9-0F5A-4B67-B75D-DEE94CBA4F82.jpeg

• Like 1

nanodave2348

So I bought a BTA against my better judgement and boy, that was the wrong idea. The FIRST night, he ran into the powerhead while I was opening the package to my guard for ph. After the whole debacle, I cleaned what little pieces I could find of the nem and did a hefty water change. The whole tank bounced back and I didnt even get a bacterial bloom (as of yet) knock on wood. My duncan still seems a bit pissed off and my galaxea got the worst of it so it seems. He lost a polyp and the rest of his havent fully extended as of yet, but overall not bad for having a nem pureed by the powerhead. Both of my clowns are fine and all the inverts are fine as well. Just sold some old equipment so I'm going to be making a livestock run and get some more corals which I'm very happy about. I MAY get a torch. I want one so bad and now I can justify it because I made some money on the equipment.