birdieluv

Which heater for IM Nuvo 10

birdieluv

We have an eheim thermocontrol 25 heater in our IM Nuvo 10 and weren't able to put the top on the tank. Is there a heater made for this type of tank that is not so larage and obvious? 

NoOneLikesADryTang

I use a cobalt neotherm 50 watt in my nuvo 10. 

birdieluv

Thank you! Where do you put it? Can I see a pic of where you put it?

NoOneLikesADryTang

It’s just loosely in the second chamber. It’s the only thing in that chamber. 

birdieluv

Do you have the media basket or the filter sock in the other chamber? I'm never sure what to do. I've read you should have both, then I've read only one or the other. We haven't done a reef tank for several years and whatever meager information we learned has filtered away thru the years! I appreciate your help!

NoOneLikesADryTang

Great question! 

The first compartment has a media basket. I run filter floss in the first section of the media basket. When needed, in the second section I’ll use carbon. I also have rubble at the bottom of the the first chamber. This tank has a very nice piece of ocean rock, so we use the rubble, once seeded to help diversify our other tanks. 

I mush prefer filter floss to socks. When it’s dirty in a few days, I can pull it and throw it out and replace with new floss. Way better in my opinion, than dealing with socks.