Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

First Aquarium - Fluval Evo

Tboss11

Update: I've just added a Jebao SW4 wavemaker. Looks great in tbe tank and shocked by the detritus it's picked up. Hopefully it will do my tank alot of good.

Brown diatoms are disappearing, however there's more green algae on the rockwork. GSP has also stopped expanding, and I'm a bit worried it's died off. There's no visible green anymore 😞

marbles the fish is very happy. I'll do a water change tomorrow, hopefully with RO/DI water depending if it connects (also arrived today but need the correct adaptor), otherwise will use dechlorinated water for the last time.

any tips, always welcome fellow reefers!

PXL_20220114_195348595.MP.jpg

Also, any tips on the best setting for my wavemaker. I currently have it on W1, 3 power. Let me know if that isn't powerful/frequent enough.

Do I need to change the settings overnight?

I would point the wavemaker towards the surface and middle of the tank. My experience is that it improves the flow.

You can lower the flow of thee wavemaker overnight, but it's not necessary.

My Ro/Di unit is up and running! (Yay)

Planning on doing a 50% water change, then slowly topping up 20% water changes every two weeks.

Looking forward to adding corals etc now the water quality is improved.

PXL_20220116_234529357.MP.jpg

• Like 2

Update: the tank is thriving and algae is dissapearing rapidly. 

Now for the fun stage, adding more coral and fish.

I'm planning on getting a small bicolor blenny and a cleaner shrimp. I'm also going to get an assortment of soft corals 

I've currently only got flake food for the Clown. Shall I get some some frozen mysis shrimp as well?

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

My tank has been up and running for 3+ months.

I've had real algae problems in the sandbed recently, any ideas on how to clean this. Considering some naccurius snails and sand sifting goby.

What other fish would you recommend with the Nemo and blenny? I ideally want one more addition to complete the tank but in no rush.

Also, I spotted this wierd creature in the sandbed, it hides when I poke it (see pic). What is it and should I be worried?

PXL_20220228_190257883_MP.thumb.jpg.9a5e212db845ae8ab9fdd177382814a5.jpg

My sandbed is covered in red and green algae. I clean the sandbed once every 3 days before it returns. There is also a small anemone growing in it?

What should I do? I want the sandbed to remain clean and white!

• 2 weeks later...