Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Are these zoas okay?

WormLicker

They are one of the first corals I added a few months ago. Everyone else looks fine, but I've noticed they look.. weird? Lately? The polyps extended or sunk, just generally misshapen.. my other zoas/palys are doing great. so, is this normal?

There is a bit of cyano nearby, but I've been cleaning that up and the coral was doing this before.

IMG_20211114_103759060.jpg

IMG_20211114_103739531.jpg

They will right themselves.. that's usually a sign of an adjustment to lights or that they have been moved. Usually when it's an increase in lighting, they look like an umbrella.

Lower lighting is when you see them stretch as you can see from the ones at the back which are in the shade... 

• Thanks 1
growsomething

That's what these zoa are doing in partial shade.  They are supposed to be super aggressive to deal with the unwanted green zoas, so I placed them low and am not worried about them.

20211114_121407.thumb.jpg.b07a5fd367ae93fe0161fe12f15c4323.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks all!

I did just recently move the aquarium and I changed the scape a bit. Now that I'm looking at it, there is a new overhang that could be obstructing their light. I'll try to scoot things around a little to restore their previous level.