inTank Media Baskets

Reef Beef Podcast

dmw913

Hey all, just tossing out that I have been really enjoying Rich Ross and Ben Johnson's Reef Beef podcast.  They are irreverent, foul-mouthed geniuses who have decades of reef aquarium experience between them.  They give great information while I laugh out loud.  I've been slowly working through the episodes and find something worthwhile in each one.  You can watch it on YouTube or listen to it as a podcast.  

Note:  I'm not affiliated with them at all, just a fan of their knowledge and humor and thought some folks might not have heard of them and would like to check it out.

You can find them on YouTube or at reefbeefpodcast.com

Reef-Beef-Banner-Image-YT-1536x420.thumb.png.932a9f1d32248bfae7418dac9c7d981d.png

• Like 1
NoOneLikesADryTang

I haven’t ever heard this podcast, but Rich Ross is awesome. During COVID last year, our monthly local aquariums group meetings went online. One of our meetings we had Rich as a guest speaker. It was great getting to pick his brain for a couple hours while he showed us his home aquarium, and scientific projects he was working on out of his house. Interestingly enough, he said he believed the most import part of an aquarium was flow. Even more important than water quality, stability, lighting, etc. I was blown away by that answer and turned our wave makers up. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

I haven’t ever heard this podcast, but Rich Ross is awesome. During COVID last year, our monthly local aquariums group meetings went online. One of our meetings we had Rich as a guest speaker. It was great getting to pick his brain for a couple hours while he showed us his home aquarium, and scientific projects he was working on out of his house. Interestingly enough, he said he believed the most import part of an aquarium was flow. Even more important than water quality, stability, lighting, etc. I was blown away by that answer and turned our wave makers up. 

The podcast is pretty amazing in my opinion.  They really boil down the hobby and talk about everything from the nitty gritty of battery backups to the 20,000 foot view of the sustainability and ethics of the hobby.  Plus, they are hilarious.  I think what I like overall is the viewpoint that we are stewards of the creatures in our tanks and we need to take their life support seriously while still having a great time with the hobby.  Besides, the sometimes do the podcast in costumes...lolololol  The guest speakers are great too.  If you're looking for a place to start listening, their lanthanum podcast had some great info.  

• Like 2