inTank Media Baskets

Tailspot Blenny Tank Mates

New Fishy Boy 612

I’m not an expert at all so this is anecdotal, but from what I’ve read and seen from others tanks anything that is peaceful will be good with tailspots. They like the bottom areas of the tank so they’ll be cool with most non-aggressive water column swimmers. Clowns, possum wrasse, pink streak wrasse, royal gramma, etc. Might be careful with certain gobies as they are also bottom/sand dwellers and can be territorial. 

• Thanks 1

mine isn't a bottom dweller. he perches on rocks or in holes but can't sit still for more than a few seconds most times so he gets up and starts inspecting stuff. him and o. clown get along great.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I have mine with a yellow tail damsel, royal gramma and a coral banded shrimp in a 20 gallon They all get along fine.  My blennie likes to peck at the rocks or has this spot on top of a rock bridge he likes to perch on!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

My tail spot perches on  the rocks near the top of the tank and my watchmen goby is at the bottom so I don't have a problem with them, but the are tiny and anything more aggressive is always a risk.  Some clowns are more aggressive than others so there is no guarantee.  Clowns have to be added after because they are territorial.   I just wish I could have 2 tail spot blennies because they are so much fun.  A pajama cardinal isn't aggressive and fun to watch, they are a little larger but they aren't very active.