Coral Vue Hydros

IM SR60 vs 50 Lagoon AIO

justin81

I am ready to upgrade from my Nuvo 20 to a larger tank in the IM AIO family.  Currently my tank is mostly LPS with a monitcap, so nothing crazy.  I would do a tank transfer and have to add in additional rock to give more coral placement for the bigger tank.  I know this could bring a new ugly phase but I can deal with that.

The Nuvo 20 currently resides on a very nice furniture grade entertainment center type stand measuring 44"L x 22"W x 30"H.  My original idea was to get something like the Reefer series but my wife does not want to get rid of this stand we currently have.  As the dude would say "it really ties the room together".   So we are for sure sticking to the AIO tanks.  Plus they are absolutely quiet which is great since the tank is in our bedroom.

The first option was the 30L to stay in the same foot print (only longer), but I want to go bigger.  To go to the bigger 50 or 60 tanks, I would be to brace the back end of the stand with 2x4 as these tanks are pretty much 2" wider than my stand.  I don't want any of the tank hanging off unsupported.  Length wise both would fit being the stand is 44" long. 

The real question is, does 10 extra gallons and a 2nd return pump warrant the $450 price difference between the SR60 and the 50 Lagoon.  I am interested to hear other's opinions.