SaltCritters.com

Coral ID

gio14

Hi all,

In my tank I've got this coral since 3 weeks, I bought it online it should be Anthelia tricolor but, I'm not that confident this is what I paid for, searching on internet I found some closed anthelias and they are looking completely different; furthermore, isn't the anthelia supposed to be a soft coral? this seems to be an lps, since stone seems to be built by the coral itself,never saw polyps extend more than in this picture

thanks in advance

anth.jpg

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, gio14 said:

Hi all,

In my tank I've got this coral since 3 weeks, I bought it online it should be Anthelia tricolor but, I'm not that confident this is what I paid for, searching on internet I found some closed anthelias and they are looking completely different; furthermore, isn't the anthelia supposed to be a soft coral? this seems to be an lps, since stone seems to be built by the coral itself,never saw polyps extend more than in this picture

thanks in advance

anth.jpg

Leptastrea…… LPS coral. Pretty easy to care for and often underrated in my opinion. 

• Like 4