Pod Your Reef

IM Fusion Lagoon 25 skimmer that fit in rear #2 chamber and a refuge light?

Im Fusion Lagoon 25G

Im Fusion Lagoon 25G

Hey......starting up a IM Fusion Lagoon 25g.....still cycling.....

Still searching for a protein skimmer to buy that I can be confident will fit the #2 rear chamber......they have one on each side, both are the same size....approx. 4"W x 3"D x 11.5" H

Are there any skimmers that fit this chamber other than the IM skimmers...which I would go with ideally if they were in stock any where.

So much conflicting info out there on what fits and doesn't.....If anyone has suggestions, please specify the exact model you have and if you had to make modifications to make it work.....

I'm not really interested in a hang on outside skimmer or one to go in the main tank display......

Ideally I wanted a skimmer in one #2 chamber and a refuge in the other #2 chamber

Which brings up another question for IM Lagoon owners.....what are you using for a refuge light? I saw some that attach on the outside of the tank.....but does that mean I have to remove the black backing for the light?

I'm in the same boat, just started my IM 25g Lagoon.  My cycle is going, but haven't bought a skimmer yet.  I'm considering the Eshopps Nano Skimmer.  There are mixed reviews, but I've seen various threads/videos where some IM 20/25g reefers are using it.  Look at this month's NR Featured Tank (Oct. 2021 Featured Tank) where he uses this skimmer in his IM Nuvo 20.  Regarding a fuge, I did cut an open rectangle into the black backing so my fuge light can light up the chaeto that I plan to put into that chamber.  I'll be using IM's ChaetoMax Refugium Light.  Good luck!