Innovative Marine Aquariums

πŸ•˜ Reefin' 9 to 5 - Office Nano Contest πŸ•”

seabass

Contest Ends This Sunday, May 1st:

This contest ends on Sunday May 1, 2022.Β  All eligible contestants MUST send me a contest quick-view pic/summary by Sunday May 15, 2022 (details below).Β  Voting will begin on Friday May 20th (with polls closing on Tuesday May 31st).Β  Any ties will be broken by StevieT from inTank.

Β 

042822a.jpg.2e1ecd6ecae539b1280d65d8d329ac17.jpg

Β 

Quick-view Pic/Summary (for voting)

Contest quick-view pics/summaries (due on Sunday May 15, 2022) will include the following:

• I'll provide your Username and Contest Thread Title (which I'll link to your contest journal)
  • Required:Β One Primary Photo*
  • Optional: A mix of Up to 200 words**, and Up to Two Additional Pics*

* No videos allowed; however, animated GIFs will be accepted.Β  Pictures can also be a photo collage if combined into a single photo file.

** Linked text is allowed.

Β 

Photos can be a full tank shot, an overhead view, pic of the filtration, a DIY project, a collage of different livestock, etc.Β  Descriptions exceeding 200 words will be truncated, and only (the first) three photo files will be included in your quick-view summary.

Β 

A photo isΒ required to be included in the voting.Β  These photos and optional brief descriptions must be sent to me by May 15, 2022 (providing voters with a quick-view or reminder of your project).

Β 

More detailed information should be included in your initial contest journal post, possibly including things like:

• Additional pictures
  • Project goals
  • Full summary of the project
  • Video tour
  • Equipment list with specifications
  • Current livestock
  • Links to key posts
  • Your maintenance routine
  • Things you've learned or what you wish you had done differently
  • Future plans for your entry

Voters will be encouraged to read through the contestants' initial posts prior to voting.

Β 

Reefin' 9 to 5 - Office Nano Contest is brought to you by:

spacer.png & spacer.png

Β 

• Like 4

Important Implicit Dates:

• Quick-View Pic/Summaries are due May 15th.Β  And despite the official contest end being on May 1st, contestants essentially have until the 15th to make their final additions, adjustments, etc. to their tanks (and still be reflected in your summaries).
  • Likewise, contestants really have until voting begins, to customize and finalize the initial posts of their journal threads for potential voters.Β  This post should contain additional links, pics, specs, descriptions, plans, goals, and other information which your summary might not include.
Β 
Time's running out. omgomgomg
Image result for 9 to 5 gif

Β 

spacer.png & spacer.png

Β 

• Like 4

Today is the Official Last Day of the Contest:

What's next:

• Contestants have until May 15th to submit theirΒ Quick-View Pic/Summaries to me.Β  Before then, you may continue to make additions, adjustments, etc. to your tanks.
Image result for office space gif
Β 

spacer.png & spacer.png

Β 

• Like 3

The Final Contest Requirement:

These 25 contestants qualified for the πŸ•˜ Reefin' 9 to 5 - Office Nano Contest πŸ•”.Β  It doesn't matter how far you got, or how often you posted; each contestant that submits a Quick-View Pic/Summary to me by the end of May 15th, will be included in the voting.

Β 

Qualified Contestants:

1. @aclman88 - Aclman's 9 to 5 Contest Tank
  2. @allesluge - 9 to 5 Awkward cube
  3. @chipz - 9to5 Diminutive Desktop Distraction: Breaking Rules Left and Right
  4. @Chowder's Reef - 🌿9to5 Acro Jungle🌿 New Outboard Motor
  5. @Cryolath - 9to5 The World Turned Upside Down
  6. @empresto - Empresto's 9to5 5-Gallon Cube System
  7. @fenderchamp - nine2Five micro-reef 5
  8. @FishI - My 9to5 Reef pond
  9. @growsomething - 925 contest tank "Why Be Normal"
  10. @Grundler - 9to5 - The Drop-in Reef
  11. @Hasted - 9 - 5 Live Feed Tank - Lifegard 7.4
  12. @Jaren45 - [9to5] The "free" Nano
  13. @kekke1082 - Reefing 9to5 Keke's first nano reef contest
  14. @kimberbee - The "No More Dinos, Please?!?" IM 10 (9to5 Contest)
  15. @kimdawg - 9to5 Tybee Island Tank
  16. @M. Tournesol - 9to5 Cubicle
  17. @Maas101 - Reefin' 9to5 - Welcome to the machine
  18. @MainelyReefer - Milton’s Basement Carboy Bommie 9to5
  19. @Merthynia - 9 to 5 No more heatwaves!
  20. @Murphs_Reef - cube of nothingness
  21. @NoOneLikesADryTang - 9 to 5 Goniopora and Alveopora Forest
  22. @Ratvan - Ratvan's Reefing 9to5 - Tidal Action Tank
  23. @Robbie_Maxwell - 9 to 5 Montipora Cube
  24. @seabass - 9 to 5 - Reef in a Bottle πŸ΄β€β˜ οΈ Caribbean Carboy
  25. @Tamberav - 9to5 budget build

Β 

See the source image

Β 

spacer.png & spacer.png

Β 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

are we just sending this via pm with the photos and write up? @seabass

Yep, just send me, @seabass, a message by May 15th, including:

• One picture (this is the only requirement).Β  This could be a full tank shot or something else.
  • Up to two additional/optional pics will be allowed.Β  A photo collage of multiple pics making up a single photo file will be permitted, and only count as one picture.Β  In addition, animated GIF files will be allowed.Β  However, videos will not be accepted.
  • You may also include up to 200 words.Β  I'll truncate summaries that exceed 200 words.Β  Linked text will be allowed.Β  Examples of text include: a summary of your entry, descriptions of photos, lists of livestock or equipment, what you've learned, goals, plans, etc.Β  200 words adds up fast, so try to be concise.Β  I'll encourage voters to look at the initial posts in your thread for more details.

Don't worry about including your username and your contest thread title (or link to your thread).Β  I'll add them to your summary.

• Thanks 1
kekke1082

Woohoo! I made it this far so exciting πŸ™‚! Just to have made it this far in my first nano reef contest I'm so stokedΒ 

• Like 3
StinkyBunny
9 hours ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

I’ve always wanted to slide in to Seabass’ DMs. Now I have a reason to!Β 
Β 

Sliding Los Angeles Clippers GIF by NBA

I'm gonna send him a pic he won't soon forget. :naughtydance:

• Haha 4

Contestants Which Didn't Make It To The End:

Reefkeeping can have many challenges, like: available time, hardware failures, livestock issues, budget constraints, etc.

Β 

I encourage all of the contestants who didn't keep up with their tanks for the length of the contest, to share: how far you got, problems you had, what you learned, what became of your tank, what it transitioned into, and/or what you did with the equipment and livestock.Β  I feel that this would be interesting to those following along and would add to our hobby.

Β 

Attrition in these contests is typical.Β  It would be nice if we could share our experiences with each other by submitting (by May 15th) a picture along with a summary of how far you got.

Β 

spacer.png & spacer.png

Β 

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

Deadline: One Week to Send Me Your Quick-view Summary:

Summaries are due Sunday May 15, 2022.Β  All eligible contestants MUST send me a contest quick-view pic/summary to remain eligible (contestants who didn't keep up with their tanks are still encouraged to provide a summary of how far you got, challenges you encountered, and what you learned).Β  Voting begins on Friday May 20st (with polls closing on Tuesday May 31st).Β  Any ties will be broken by StevieT from inTank.

Β 

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.a6f88b826536f50e70998016dba45259?rik=jCRJNdz2epFWlQ&riu=http://i2.cdnds.net/11/29/618x447/550w_movies_bad_movie_bosses_4.jpg&ehk=aN3dq/xJdcgEjrRC8ILoCEaI7+0nBWYR6hdO/0uNLDs=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Β 

Contest quick-view pics/summaries (due on Sunday May 15, 2022) will include the following:

• I'll provide your Username and Contest Thread Title (which I'll link to your contest journal)

* No videos allowed; however, animated GIFs will be accepted.Β  Pictures can also be a photo collage if combined into a single photo file.

Β 

Photos can be a full tank shot, an overhead view, pic of the filtration, a DIY project, a collage of different livestock, etc.Β  Descriptions exceeding 200 words will be truncated, and only (the first) three photo files will be included in your quick-view summary.

Β 

A photo isΒ required to be included in the voting.Β  These photos and optional brief descriptions must be sent to me by May 15, 2022 (providing voters with a quick-view or reminder of your project).

Β 

More detailed information should be included in your initial contest journal post, possibly including things like:

• Additional pictures
  • Project goals
  • Video tour
  • Current livestock
  • Links to key posts

Voters will be encouraged to read through the contestants' initial posts prior to voting.

Β 

spacer.png & spacer.png

Β 

• Like 4

Is its sunday at midnight?Β 

Β 

I have family visiting so this won't get done till last second... if it gets done... eek!

7 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Is its sunday at midnight?Β 

Yes, but I'm not going to quibble over being a few hours late.

• Like 3
M. Tournesol
On 5/8/2022 at 3:56 PM, seabass said:

Deadline: One Week to Send Me Your Quick-view Summary:

Summaries are due Sunday May 15, 2022.Β  All eligible contestants MUST send me a contest quick-view pic/summary to remain eligible (contestants who didn't keep up with their tanks are still encouraged to provide a summary of how far you got, challenges you encountered, and what you learned).Β  Voting begins on Friday May 21st (with polls closing on Tuesday May 31st).Β  Any ties will be broken by StevieT from inTank.

Β 

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.a6f88b826536f50e70998016dba45259?rik=jCRJNdz2epFWlQ&riu=http://i2.cdnds.net/11/29/618x447/550w_movies_bad_movie_bosses_4.jpg&ehk=aN3dq/xJdcgEjrRC8ILoCEaI7+0nBWYR6hdO/0uNLDs=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Additional pictures
  • Project goals
  • Video tour
  • Current livestock
  • Links to key posts

Β 

spacer.png & spacer.png

Β 

Done!!

moments know GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Is anybody else having problems sending me pics in their summaries?Β  I didn't really work through the problem with them, so I'm not sure if others will have the same issue.Β  IDK, could be their browser, or something else like using a phone vs a PC.Β  I just dragged and dropped pics from their threads into their summaries for them.

Β 

If you are having problems, let me know.Β  We still have a little time before voting to work it out.

• Like 1
M. Tournesol
6 hours ago, seabass said:

Is anybody else having problems sending me pics in their summaries?Β  I didn't really work through the problem with them, so I'm not sure if others will have the same issue.Β  IDK, could be their browser, or something else.Β  I just copied pics from their threads into their summaries for them.

Β 

If you are having problems, let me know.Β  We still have a little time before voting to work it out.

For the photos, I used pictures links in my thread (left click on the picture/gif, open the link in a new tab, then copy the link in the DM to seabass). I hope this will help.

Β 

https://content.invisioncic.com/Mnanoreef/monthly_2022_05/ezgif-1-525707ada5.thumb.gif.ed002030ca9a7f909a562df4e6860ad5.gif

Β 

give me πŸ™ƒ:

Β 

ezgif-1-525707ada5.thumb.gif.ed002030ca9

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I Need Your Quick-view Summaries:

Summaries are due Today.Β  There are still a number of contestants who haven't sent me theirs.Β  All eligible contestants MUST send me a contest quick-view pic/summary to remain eligible (contestants who didn't keep up with their tanks are still encouraged to provide a summary of how far you got, challenges you encountered, and what you learned).Β  Voting begins on Friday May 20th (with polls closing on Tuesday May 31st).Β  Any ties will be broken by StevieT from inTank.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

More detailed information should be included in your initial contest journal post.Β  Voters will be encouraged to read through the contestants' initial posts prior to voting.

Β 

Β 

spacer.png & spacer.png

Β 

• Like 3

I was definitely struggling with the photo issue, @seabassI'll get my summary to you tonight but I am uploading from my phone and I have no idea how to post the link for a photo into the message. (going to try it anyway πŸ˜…)Β 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, kekke1082 said:

I was definitely struggling with the photo issue, @seabassI'll get my summary to you tonight but I am uploading from my phone and I have no idea how to post the link for a photo into the message. (going to try it anyway πŸ˜…)Β 

Check the bottom, I think you'll see a button for adding files.Β  If not, I can pull the pics from your thread; just post them there and I'll take care of it for you.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, seabass said:

Check the bottom, I think you'll see a button for adding files.Β  If not, I can pull the pics from your thread; just post them there and I'll take care of it for you.

And it's done! So sorry for the lateness but I managed to just beat the buzzer!Β 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic