Innovative Marine Aquariums

πŸ•˜ Reefin' 9 to 5 - Office Nano Contest πŸ•”

seabass

18 hours ago, M. Tournesol said:

I am looking at this message and asking myself if me changing my tank (because it is a little broken) to a tank with similar dimensions is disqualifying. I am still waiting for the aquarium to return into stock...

IMG_4157.thumb.JPG.941209344437f9bddc45ea70d2793c7e.JPG

Do you feel that this tank could make it until May?Β  I bet it could be reinforced.

Β 

If not, you can certainly replace it with the same model of tank anytime throughout the contest (without having to post another entry photo).Β  Likewise, at any time time, you could replace your tank with another brand of tank that has the same dimensions (and again, a new entry photo wouldn't be required).

Β 

However, for people who are already qualified (like you), which have their tank break, but can't get an exact replacement:

• Replace your broken tank with the closest match possible
  • Post a new entry photo with the replacement tank before using it

As long as the replacement tank is basically the same (even if it's not perfectly identical), I'll allow pre-qualified contestants to post a new entry photo with a similar replacement tank and still not be disqualified.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

MEMO: TPS Updates

Β 

Contestants are encouraged to frequently post updates and pics throughout the contest.Β  And while not a requirement, this monthly memo is a reminder for participants to make Thread Post Status (TPS) updates even if not much has changed in the last month.Β  TPS updates could include things like pictures, plans, equipment and livestock additions, DIY projects, etc.

Β 

Also, remember to update your initial journal posts (which the voters will reference) with things like:

• Goals and/or future plans
  • A summary of the project
  • Relevant pictures
  • A current equipment list with specifications
  • Current livestock
  • Links to key posts
  • Your maintenance routine
  • Things you've learned and/or what you wish you had done differently

thatd_be_great.jpg.73eca49a69cb8ca4f4e801fe24ebb308.jpg

Β 

Reefin' 9 to 5 - Office Nano Contest is brought to you by:

spacer.png & spacer.png

Β 

• Like 4
On 11/28/2021 at 9:26 PM, 1891BroJr said:

So much β€œOffice Space”… not a single 9 to 5.Β 

Well, there's the Reefin' 9 to 5 song that I wrote.

Β 

dolly-parton-best-music-videos1.jpg

Picked out a tank

and found a location
Hope I can be the Nano-Reef champion
But when I got online

I was shocked by the price

Β 

Turn on the power
and the pumps start pumpin'
An uncovered tank
and the fish start jumpin'
It's just like that when we're reefin' 9 to 5

Β 

Reefin' 9 to 5
Workin' hard to keep things livin'
It's barely gettin' by
still we find it all upliftin'
Now it's lookin' fine
even you got to admit it
Still enough to drive you crazy if you let it

Β 

9 to 5...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
On 11/27/2021 at 5:16 PM, M. Tournesol said:

I am looking at this message and asking myself if me changing my tank (because it is a little broken) to a tank with similar dimensions is disqualifying. I am still waiting for the aquarium to return into stock...

I'm having similar thoughts...i like how everything is currently looking but also seriously considering a change to a lifegard fullview 7 gallon which is very very close to the current volume of my system with sump included....if i can find one by December 1st then im set....if not well we shall see how long this acrylic frankentank can go.Β 

You can certainly change tanks (volume, type, etc) BEFORE December 1st, by posting an entry photo of the new tank.Β  This post could be in your existing thread, or a totally new one (with a 9to5 tag).

Β 

Starting December 1st, your options for switching tanks will be limited to replacing what you currently have (like due to damage).Β  You can replace it with the same model, or even a different brand as long as the dimensions (not just the volume) are the same.Β  If a direct replacement isn't available, you must try to replace it with the closest match possible.Β  Similar (but non-direct) replacements will require a new entry photo.

Β 

Switching tank types (like a 5 gallon carboy to a 5 gallon bucket or rectangular aquarium) isn't allowed.Β  However, you could convert your rectangular aquarium to an AIO with an insert.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, seabass said:

You can certainly change tanks (volume, type, etc) BEFORE December 1st, by posting an entry photo of the new tank.Β  This post could be in your existing thread, or a totally new one (with a 9to5 tag).

Β 

Starting December 1st, your options for switching tanks will be limited to replacing what you currently have (like due to damage).Β  You can replace it with the same model, or even a different brand as long as the dimensions (not just the volume) are the same.Β  If a direct replacement isn't available, you must try to replace it with the closest match possible.Β  Similar (but non-direct) replacements will require a new entry photo.

Β 

Switching tank types (like a 5 gallon carboy to a 5 gallon bucket or rectangular aquarium) isn't allowed.Β  However, you could convert your rectangular aquarium to an AIO with an insert.

😬 hmmm petco is having a sale and i have back up tanks in my storage unit as well.... I've roughly about 36hours to make a choice it seems...keep it as is or make a change. I love the little acrylic franken tank but there are challenges to it that i did not foresee.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, kekke1082 said:

😬 hmmm petco is having a sale and i have back up tanks in my storage unit as well.... I've roughly about 36hours to make a choice it seems...keep it as is or make a change. I love the little acrylic franken tank but there are challenges to it that i did not foresee.

An option for you might be to post an entry photo or photos by tomorrow, for any tank or tanks (between 4.5 and 9.5 gallons) that you might want to switch to down the road.Β  Then those tanks would be pre-qualified should you decide to use one of them instead.

Β 

• Like 5

My build is going full budget.... see what kind of tank we can do while (reasonably) cutting costs.

Β 

I don't think I have used just dry rock in 8 years... but Milton can't afford fancy live rock. 😞 

Β 

i-still-havent-received-my-paycheck.jpg

• Haha 5
3 hours ago, seabass said:

An option might be to post an entry photo or photos by tomorrow, for any tank or tanks (between 4.5 and 9.5 gallons) that you might want to switch to down the road.Β  Then those tanks would be pre-qualified should you decide to use one of them instead.

Β 

@seabassthat just might work thank you! I'll be scouring the interwebs tonight and tweaking my post a bit!Β 

Β 

3 hours ago, Maas101 said:

@kekke1082Tick Tock... The contest needs you...Β 

@Maas101Β thanks for the vote of confidence! Either way I'm sticking this contest out even if that means making this rank i have work until May (which considering how much I've already spent for other aspects of the hobby not including this tank in the last 90 days may be the only choice before my fiance kills me πŸ˜…)

• Like 1

Attention: Entry Deadline Today!

See the source image

It says here that this is the last day to to qualify a new entry.Β  Is that true?

Β 

It's true.Β  Today is the last day to enter the Reefin' 9 to 5 Office Nano Contest.Β  Don't miss out.Β  To qualify:

• Contest threads should be started in the Nano Reef Journals forum.
  • Contest tank journal threads MUST have the tag: 9to5.Β  9to5 tag
  • An entry photo MUST be posted in your contest tank journal (posted on or before November 30th 2021), taken of your empty/dry tank or container containing: a coffee mug, cup, or tumbler.

Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  mugsandcups.jpg.a54c6d23ab3a8edce3e8a58dd01a978d.jpg

Β 

Reefin' 9 to 5 - Office Nano ContestΒ is brought to you by:

spacer.pngΒ &Β spacer.png

Β 

• Like 4

Peter: I was going to build a 9 gallon tank, about this wide.Β  It would have been sweet.

nerds-620x413.jpg

Samir: Yeah man, if you could have won that trophy, Anne might not have left you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
NoOneLikesADryTang

Since today is the last day to enter the 9 to 5 contest, I think this is the perfect opportunity to thank @seabassΒ for all his hard work over the last few months to put this contest together for NanoReef. From the bottom of my heart, thank you Seabass for everything you’ve done, and will continue to do in the coming months. It’s truly appreciated!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic