Cultivated Reef

๐Ÿ•˜ Reefin' 9 to 5 - Office Nano Contest ๐Ÿ•”

seabass

ย 1 hour ago, Murphych said:

How's the 9to5s going??ย ย  Mine still has garden tools in it... In the shed... Bone dry... Loads of time yet ๐Ÿคฃ

I haven't made much progress lately, mine is still dry too.

See the source image

I hope to make some real progress soon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
7 minutes ago, seabass said:

I haven't made much progress lately, mine is still dry too.

Same. We're going through 10 gallons of ro/di a day in our humidifier. I can barely keep up with that, plus evap from my already running tanks. I haven't been able to make up enough water to get the contest tank filled again.

• Like 1
  • Wow 3
5 hours ago, empresto said:

Of course work just keeps needing more time from me...

That's my problem with a contest. Now that we're close to another lock down I'm busier than a 1 armed paper hanger in a gale.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The thing I can't figure out is how work knows when I want to do something fun. I can go weeks without them needing hardly anything from me and then, as soon as I find something interesting I'd like to do, they have a million needs. I'm a database consultant, so my schedule isn't very consistent anyway, but it's nearly guaranteed to be a busy week of I choose to go on vacation.ย  Apparently I should join a nano-reef contest anytime I want to significantly increase my time and earnings ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
21 hours ago, empresto said:

The thing I can't figure out is how work knows when I want to do something fun. I can go weeks without them needing hardly anything from me and then, as soon as I find something interesting I'd like to do, they have a million needs. I'm a database consultant, so my schedule isn't very consistent anyway, but it's nearly guaranteed to be a busy week of I choose to go on vacation.ย  Apparently I should join a nano-reef contest anytime I want to significantly increase my time and earnings ๐Ÿ˜‰

The money is nice, but fishing season is coming . They better realize that I won't be running my ass off then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 1/19/2022 at 8:45 AM, empresto said:

The thing I can't figure out is how work knows when I want to do something fun. I can go weeks without them needing hardly anything from me and then, as soon as I find something interesting I'd like to do, they have a million needs.

Toddlers somehow know, too!!ย 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bakinโ€™ 9 to 5: Dolly Parton rolling out limited-edition baking mixes

GettyImages-1185784187.jpg?w=2000&ssl=1by: Kaylee Douglas/KFOR, Nexstar Media Wire

ย 

OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) โ€“ Dolly Partonย andย Duncan Hinesย are collaborating on a line of baking mixes and frostings inspired by Dollyโ€™s southern roots.

โ€œIโ€™ve always loved to cook. Growing up in the South exposed me to that authentic Mom & Pop kind of cooking. Baking was no different. I had plenty of people to show me whatโ€™s what in the kitchenโ€ฆ my Mama, my grandmothers and my aunts were all wonderful bakers,โ€ said Parton. โ€œThey taught me everything I know, from biscuits and gravy to chocolate cake. Now I am proud to share some of those favorites with all of you.โ€

ย 

The Dolly Parton line includes a banana cake mix, a coconut cake mix, buttercream frosting, and chocolate buttercream frosting.

Duncan Hines is even creating a baking collection box that includes a Dolly-inspired tea towel and spatula.

If you want to bake just like Dolly, Duncan Hines has also included recipes for both the banana puddinโ€™ cake and coconut cake.

Dollyโ€™s Baking Collection will be available online starting at 8 a.m. EST on Jan. 26.

• Like 2

MEMO: TPS Updates

ย 

Remember, contestants are encouraged to frequently post updates and pics throughout this contest.ย  And while there isn't a monthly posting requirement, these TPS memos are a friendly reminder to make Thread Post Status (TPS) updates even if not much has changed during the past month.ย  TPS updates could include things like pictures, plans, DIY projects, equipment and livestock additions, etc.

ย 

Also, remember to update your initial journal posts (which the voters will reference) with things like:

• Goals and/or future plans
  • A summary of the project
  • Relevant pictures
  • A current equipment list with specifications
  • Current livestock
  • Links to key posts
  • Your maintenance routine
  • Things you've learned and/or what you wish you had done differently

thatd_be_great.jpg.73eca49a69cb8ca4f4e801fe24ebb308.jpg

ย 

Reefin' 9 to 5 - Office Nano Contest is brought to you by:

spacer.png & spacer.png

ย 

• Like 6
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

MEMO: One Month Left / TPS Updates

ย 

Where has the time gone?ย  Time to tighten up your entries because there is just one month to go before the contest ends.

ย 

And just a friendly reminder to make Thread Post Status (TPS) updates and pics in your journal threads, even if not much has changed since your last update.

ย 

Also, remember to update your initial journal posts (which the voters will reference) with things like:

• Goals and/or future plans
  • A summary of the project
  • Relevant pictures
  • A current equipment list with specifications
  • Current livestock
  • Links to key posts
  • Your maintenance routine
  • Things you've learned and/or what you wish you had done differently

thatd_be_great.jpg.73eca49a69cb8ca4f4e801fe24ebb308.jpg

ย 

Reefin' 9 to 5 - Office Nano Contest is brought to you by:

spacer.png & spacer.png