inTank Media Baskets

The start of The Dutch Tiny Ocean

Dutchtinyreef

Hello Reefers out there!

I would like to take you along in the start of The Dutch Tiny Ocean of 30 liters.👋

First some information of the tank en equipment :

Tank : Dennerle Cube 30 L

Lights : Not sure yet!

Filtration : Tidal Seachem 35 

Filtration media : Seachem matrix and filterfloss (later after cycle put some carbon inside)

Heather : Eheim thermocontroll

Scape : Made of macro rocks (Crusht some macro rock with super glue to fix it together)

6DDA1813-E52B-4238-B5B1-B365DFFC0344.thumb.jpeg.c7d7d3ffed8c0d848f13f832a6666701.jpeg.8bbee0ec7d0bee6fb2feb5efe7a3016b.jpeg

Day 1

Today it was finally that time, The tank is ready with the technique (heather and filter) sand has been washed and the rockwork is ready! Fresh seawater made with redsea salt and additional osmosis for evaporation. The tank is filled and the most important thing 'before I forget! Add bacteria that I got from special blend and ammonium solution

.Let's Cycle!🎉

84BE77F4-9E63-4A4D-9197-D7BA18F22F6A.thumb.jpeg.cad87e0679b5ee292b9ac10b8e220c00.jpeg.add36eb9e7cd984fc36af32f437e0a4e.jpeg

Day 2

On day 1, I added 10 drops of ammonia solution to the aquarium, and waited 3/4 hours. the test set indicated that I was then at 1mg / l ammonia so I used a total of 40 drops of ammonia solution to get to 4mg / l after that bacteria added.

Now 24 hours later I have performed a test and I am at 1mg /l as soon as it is back at 0 I will increase again to 2mg / l.

When ammonia is back to 0 I will do a big water change and add some corals.

Happy Reefing and Happy Cycle!🎉

Day 14 off the cycle🎉

it's been a while since the first update, we are now 14 days further and unfortunately the ammonia level has not yet dropped, today I have thrown the temperature up a bit and added some extra bacteria. i'm searching for a nice nano reeflight , thinking about LED A80 Tuna Blue..

Happy Reefing 🎉

nano133.thumb.jpg.53a8eddc717a1b3bc9d84ec3c79b34c1.jpg

• Like 5
  • Dutchtinyreef changed the title to The start of The Dutch Tiny Ocean
Just now, debbeach13 said:

Welcome to NR. That is a sweet little set  up. I hope you enjoy it for years.

Thankyou! i take things very slow en we shall see 🙂 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Dutchtinyreef
Hello Reefers out there!

Day 14 off the cycle🎉

it's been a while since the first update, we are now 14 days further and unfortunately the ammonia level has not yet dropped, today I have thrown the temperature up a bit and added some extra bacteria. no2 is between 0.5 and 1 & no3 is between 10 and 25.

i'm searching for a nice nano reeflight , thinking about LED A80 Tuna Blue..

Happy Reefing and Happy Cycle!🎉

.nano133.thumb.jpg.dd69908018c3e0b8ca9d365d471d4fe0.jpg

• Like 3