Coral Vue Hydros

9to5 planning thread.

filefishfinatic

filefishfinatic

thread for planning my tank. i know i want to do a 10 gallon with some sealed off areas, i also want seagrass (i figured out how to say no to ephiphytes @billygoat, i watched a documentary on seagrass beds and the smithsonian has a giant seagrass tank and the documentary said sea hare eats ephiphytes soooo i will get one. im not getting the manatee grass. i want turtlegrass. aslo, i will have caleurpa and mangroves. id like to keep killifish, mollies, a tobacco bass to kill fry (if it can live in 10 gal) and cardinals (mabye) i want like schoolers mainly that actually live on mangrove flats. 

filefishfinatic

i talked to subsea. he said a good fish for nutrient recycling would be a sailfin blenny. so thats goijng in. does anyone have experience with a 100% sunlit tank? i have an east window i think. i still have to construct a stand though. after i build that, my next objective is making the sealed areas and purchasing my equipment. the 2 things i need is tobacco bass and the blenny. other fish are up to discussion although id still like schoolers. i was thing 3 sheepshead killi and 3 mollies. my general idea is that i will only have to feed the fish to keep the system running. i am going to make an ato built into my stand. also, i will use the mangrove leafs as a habitat for copepods like in nature. i think a pipe fish might be really cool in the system too. i might have to remove one of the schooling fish though. mabye iil do sheepshead minnow group, a caribean pipe, a tobacco bass, sailfin blenny. 

filefishfinatic

what should i stock it with then? i am going to try to get my mom to sponsor kp aquatics for her blog and buy 90% of my livestock outside of my liverock and mabye some of my plants from them. 

i am going to plant airplants and pothos on the mangroves btw