Innovative Marine Aquariums

Final Try at Reefing

ahud

58 minutes ago, M. Tournesol said:

I don't understand? Are you speaking about the color of my water? 

No sorry, I just meant in general. I would think the filterless tanks would have more particulate matter. But thats besides the point, I understand you were pointing out that since some tanks run with no filtration, that I should be able to handle nutrients with a filter.

6 hours ago, ahud said:

No sorry, I just meant in general. I would think the filterless tanks would have more particulate matter. But thats besides the point, I understand you were pointing out that since some tanks run with no filtration, that I should be able to handle nutrients with a filter.

Super 👍,

For clarity of water, carbon media is the solution. For expert, ozone is also us.

6 hours ago, M. Tournesol said:

Anyway, now that you seem decided on your plan, I am eager to see your aquarium journal 🤗.

If you create one, don't forget to put the link In this topic 😉

I think your right, I need to quit agonizing and just try the canister since that is what I want to do. Accept its short comings and appreciate that it will be easy to setup and be near dead silent.

I'll update this thread with a link as you requested 🙂

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hate to resurrect this thread. But I have a plan B on my brain.  I have an empty ADA 45P (18x10.6x12) aquarium laying out. Thinking about drilling it and ordering some live rock from somewhere like KP aquatics. Fiji Cube has a 4" overflow box. 

I'll just keep the little reef in the fish room where water changes will be a breeze. I can tinker and get the hang of things before upgrading to the 50 gallon I want to put in my office. And when that time comes, the rock will have had some time to establish and I can avoid some of the ugly stage?

• Like 1