Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bread’s Nuvo 20 Dropoff

less than bread

On 1/19/2023 at 8:02 PM, less than bread said:

Added this one today. Caught my eye at the store and I was like “what the heck is this coral?” Me and my fish store worker buddy figured it out together… anyone wanna venture a guess??

C5C1D82A-18FD-44CA-B07D-B8320C876C77.jpeg

Pavona, Leptoseris... or maybe a Monti?

less than bread

We have ourselves a Phoenix! A seemingly dead hammer, I think, (definitely some euphyllia) has been reborn. When things went wack and I had a lot of problems last summer, thought this, along with others, was a goner. This was just sitting in the back corner for months until I noticed the other day it was puffing up. Now we have little tentacles and a bit of color coming back. Fascinating creatures! 

5128BEAC-EB5A-477A-9540-1279F622A681.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
  • 2 weeks later...
less than bread

The clownfish are doing the mating rituals and I sent a video of them to my family showing the male doing the twitching seizure dance and my mom replied with this GIF…

image.gif.1bb59b728093fed4f42e90c892ccfa48.gif

pretty much bang on accurate! Hahaha

• Like 1
3 hours ago, less than bread said:

Oh ok… I guess we’re just gonna steal frags now. Dude ripped a piece of GSP off the back wall and now it has a cool green wig on.

B0EA25A3-639E-4784-9033-7781145456CA.jpeg

🤣 Free frags doe!! Just glue that bad boy onto a plug!

• 3 weeks later...
Nano_Addict
21 hours ago, less than bread said:

I might be looking for a new fishy friend that likes to eat hair algae. I’d love a lawnmower blenny but my tank is 20 gallons so not super comfortable with that. Any suggestions?

Have you thought about an urchin, turbo snails, or even temporarily using a sea hare? Sea hare might be the best option, but you'd need to make sure you have a place to rehome it once the algae is gone.

Snow_Phoenix
1 hour ago, Nano_Addict said:

Have you thought about an urchin, turbo snails, or even temporarily using a sea hare? Sea hare might be the best option, but you'd need to make sure you have a place to rehome it once the algae is gone.

I would recommend *against getting the sea hare. Snails and urchins are safer options. 

I tried the sea hare route once and even though my tank (60G DT +23G sump) had plenty of algae, it died overnight and released toxins that ended up in a lot of lost corals. 😞

It's too risky. 

• Sad 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
less than bread

Anyone else have a pair of clownfish where it’s actually the smaller male that bites you when you stick your hand in the tank? My female just kind of watches as the feisty male attacks me. I feel like it’s kind of odd

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
less than bread

Came downstairs today to see the tank is super cloudy. I was immediately thinking bacteria bloom but then saw all my trochus snails gathered around on the glass having a big ole spawning party. I’ve seen them do their thing before but never all at once.

IMG_2529.jpeg

• Like 1