Coral Vue Hydros

Noisey pump in nano cube deluxe

melissa4444

Hello all! I have been lurking for a few weeks now and this is my first post. I have had various types of aquariums over the years but I am just now setting up my first saltwater tank. I would like to thank everyone for all the great information and advice that I have read. You guys are awesome!! :)

My new aquarium is the nano cube deluxe. I got it from petsolutions.com (special thanks to the person who first posted this website as a supplier of the new cube). I ordered my tank on a Monday and received it unscathed TWO days later!!! I have set up my new tank and filled it just with water to test it out. This tank holds a little less than 9 gallons of water with sponges and pump in the back (I removed everything else). The fans in the hood are very quiet. Unfortunately the pump is another story. It makes a rather annoying low pitched grumbling sound. Since my tank is located in the middle of my living room next to my couches, this noise can be quite irritating. :( My question is this: Has anyone replaced the stock pump on a nano cube? If so what brand of pump did you use? Can anyone recommend a very quiet pump?

Thanks in advance! Melissa

For my tank, I replaced the stock pump with a Mini jet 404 and it works fine. Mine gives excellent water movement in a clockwise motion if looking from the top. I added another pump just to keep everything from swirling around in one direction. I installed it in the left chamber...a Minijet 202 with loc line coming over the top of the separator and spraying in a counter clockwise motion, but also pointing up a bit to agitate the surface. The 2 flows meet in the middle and the current pushes straight back in the middle of the tank. Good Luck.

does anyone know if the minijet 606 will fit in the far right compartment where the stock pump is??

i think the filtration/deviders in the DX is diffrent then the original

in the original, it's a very tight squeeze but it fits. no clue about the new one. ... you could measure it, then check against the dimensions of the pump (most retail sites list them). also for extra visualization you could measure the compartmetn, then draw it on paper. bring the paper to the LFS and match it up with an MJ pump that fits... i used a maxijet 400 and it was awesome

Archived