Pod Your Reef

Frogspawn coral dying

F3NIX

I don’t know what’s going on with my frogspawn. Its been fine for 4 months already and now its stressed or dying. Only like 4 heads are shrunken down but like 5 are fine. All my other euphyllias are doing great, even my neon green bubble coral. Im honestly lost

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It could be growing. I found my euphyllia would shrink up tight when it was splitting.

Also flow could be an issue. The coral to the left of it, the flesh looks like its receding from the skeleton, its exactly parallel to the euphyllia heads that are shrunken.

Could be how the flow in that area hits them

image.thumb.jpg.99a8df8fe3b2f0afbee8ae461aa67190.jpg

Nitrate is 20 and phosphate is 0.13. I was thinking it might be splitting because someone else had same problem. The candy cane to the left is fine. No receding. Flows been the same and it was good for 4 months. 

• Thanks 1
54 minutes ago, F3NIX said:

Nitrate is 20 and phosphate is 0.13. I was thinking it might be splitting because someone else had same problem. The candy cane to the left is fine. No receding. Flows been the same and it was good for 4 months. 

The candy canes flesh is being pulled from the skeleton on the bottom right.

Corals can be fine in a location for months and then start going downhill.

Unfortunately with corals, they can thrive for months and then deteriorate quickly