Cultivated Reef

ID tiny purple tentacles?

Saltslinger

I've looked through a lot of guides and I can't figure out what these things are. They are small, purple/semi-transparent, singular tentacles that I noticed several sprouting from one of my live rocks about a week ago. Is this some kind of invasive anemone like aptasia? Some kind of worm feeler thing?

This is a 20g and only has a pair of clownfish and some zoas, had some other corals but I killed them 😭. It's been up and running for about a year, and I haven't added anything to it in the last 6 months so I'm not sure why these things are revealing themselves now.

Give me your best guess I appreciate it 😅

20210901_133608.jpg

unkpurpletentacles.jpg

10 hours ago, jservedio said:

Are they tentacles that retract when you touch them or do they not move when you touch them? Could just be sponges.

That’s what I was thinking too

• Like 1
On 9/1/2021 at 3:55 PM, jservedio said:

Are they tentacles that retract when you touch them or do they not move when you touch them? Could just be sponges.

Have not tried haha, I guess I will next water change 😲

20 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

doesn't look like aptasia, so that's good. But really hard to tell from those photos. Can you get a clearer shot?

That's as good a picture as it gets sadly. From what I'm seeing they don't really have "mouths" like aptasia does

37 minutes ago, Saltslinger said:

Have not tried haha, I guess I will next water change 😲

You gotta keep a poking device near your tank with your other gear. You never know when you'll need to poke, nudge, or push something about the tank. Sometimes corals on the sand need separation, snails need flipping, or, you'll just need to give something a good poke.

I've got a 1/4" wooden dowel I picked up from Home Depot for a few cents, but you can use anything vaguely rod shaped like a chopstick, kabob skewer, whatever.

• Like 1