inTank Media Baskets

po4+ and no3+ and a other question

Inspgadget

Hi,

Does anyone have recommendations for dosing po4 and no3? when i see bottles of po4 and no3 plus, i have to dose very little for my pico, like 0.03ml a day, is it possible to dilute the bottled stuff, or add once in a couple of days? or is there a other way to add these nutritions? I would like to use an dosing pump, min capacity = 0.16ml/sec.

i dont know how much my tank will use, but i am orienting me. (i will not have any fish so i think i will need to dose)

is there a ratio between sr, iodine and magnesium?  so i dont have to test everything?

Unless you have a heavy nutrient demand from things like many soft corals, it's generally possible to keep nutrients up from feeding and doing minimal water changes. No fish makes that trickier, but you still won't necessarily need to dose, particularly if you have a couple LPS or something else that likes to be fed heavily. What size tank are you planing on, and what corals do you want? 

Google says a droplet is approximately 0.05mL, so you could just dose a drop of the additive. I don't know that anyone deliberately makes a weaker version? If you can do the math, you could dilute it yourself. 

4 hours ago, Tired said:

Unless you have a heavy nutrient demand from things like many soft corals, it's generally possible to keep nutrients up from feeding and doing minimal water changes. No fish makes that trickier, but you still won't necessarily need to dose, particularly if you have a couple LPS or something else that likes to be fed heavily. What size tank are you planing on, and what corals do you want? 

Google says a droplet is approximately 0.05mL, so you could just dose a drop of the additive. I don't know that anyone deliberately makes a weaker version? If you can do the math, you could dilute it yourself. 

Thanks for your reply.

I would like to keep an acro tricolor, some LIPs, like buttons and ricordea. in a (net) 16L/4G tank

i can do the math, but will the mixture remain good? will the particels sink to the bottum of the bottle with the rodi on top of it?

If you shake the bottle before using, that should be fine. They put water in most of these solutions anyway, so it's not so concentrated it can't be used. 

I work very irregularly so I will often forget to dose, and therefore want to automate it all with dosing pumps. I will make a mix, and then measure the top water with the tds meter, shake and then measure again, then I know if it settles.

You should leave the container for a few days before testing it, to give it time to settle. But that sounds like it could work. Or you could dose every few days, if parameters didn't swing too much between doses. 

Edit: actually, I don't know if phosphate will show up on a TDS meter. Check if it does.