Pod Your Reef

ATO that would work with an Ecotech Versa?

Bagassi

I have been running the Innovative Marine Hydrofill ATO with a Versa pump for about a year now.  I love the set up, but I am starting to have issues with the Hydrofill ATO.  The sensors keep failing on me after about 2 months of use and I am getting tired of having to change them out and clean them constantly.

I'm looking for a new ATO but all the other highly recommended ones have their own pump system included which prevents use of the Versa.  Does anyone know of one that I could use it with or a work around to get it working with something like the Tunze ATOs?

If it's in a sump, you can use the Avast Marine one. It's a pressure tube so it's less sensitive (won't work well without a return chamber) and it's crazy durable. Rated for over a million cycles - mine has been in continuous use for 9 years.

• Like 1

I used xp Aqua duetto atos. They are great but the stock little pumps don’t last more than a few months in my experience 

the regular small version doesn’t come with the controlled outlet to run any ac pump, but you can buy it separately. the ultimate version comes with it, but the sensor is way bigger, but still very compact. That should allow you to use a versa or any pump, I just use a maxi jet.

side note - on my pico I just use a kamoer x1 as an ato, I measured and averaged the evap daily for a week and set up to x1 to deliver 20% less, then just top off a little bit once every few days manually. Since you already have the Versa it’s no extra equipment 

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2021 at 10:04 AM, Bagassi said:

I have been running the Innovative Marine Hydrofill ATO with a Versa pump for about a year now.  I love the set up, but I am starting to have issues with the Hydrofill ATO.  The sensors keep failing on me after about 2 months of use and I am getting tired of having to change them out and clean them constantly.

I'm looking for a new ATO but all the other highly recommended ones have their own pump system included which prevents use of the Versa.  Does anyone know of one that I could use it with or a work around to get it working with something like the Tunze ATOs?

Why not switch to something like the Tunze Osmolator and repurpose the Versa (or sell it to fund the replacement)?