Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Macroalgae sources UK

InAtTheDeepEnd

Got some, red tikvahiae,Taxifolia and Codium I'm regrowing as I want a small macro tank in the kitchen window. When I have enough I'll send some clippings over 👍🏼

That reminds me I have some GSP growing in a plug for @Ratvan that will be good to go in a week or 2 as well...

• Thanks 1
On 8/30/2021 at 2:01 AM, A.m.P said:

Most folks over stateside would kill for the selection and prices through livealgae.co lol...

i'd kill for that if some of the pieces ever stopped "regrowing" and became ready for sale 

On 8/30/2021 at 8:26 AM, Murphych said:

Got some, red tikvahiae,Taxifolia and Codium I'm regrowing as I want a small macro tank in the kitchen window. When I have enough I'll send some clippings over 👍🏼

That reminds me I have some GSP growing in a plug for @Ratvan that will be good to go in a week or 2 as well...

i wouldnt mind some of that taxifolia as well as anything thats on it. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

i'd kill for that if some of the pieces ever stopped "regrowing" and became ready for sale 

i wouldnt mind some of that taxifolia as well as anything thats on it. 

I have some bits I collected from my DT. Had it all in the fug. Deleted the fug and sat it all in the DT. It all got sucked into the sock. So it's all currently regrowing in the sump..

I'll cut it up 3 ways and put some 8n with the GSP @Ratvan.

I have lots of brittle stars, brittle worms as well if you want some 

no Stomatella snails thought.. which I would love to have 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Murphych said:

I have some bits I collected from my DT. Had it all in the fug. Deleted the fug and sat it all in the DT. It all got sucked into the sock. So it's all currently regrowing in the sump..

I'll cut it up 3 ways and put some 8n with the GSP @Ratvan.

I have lots of brittle stars, brittle worms as well if you want some 

no Stomatella snails thought.. which I would love to have 

I got some Stomatella, usually my population explodes then wanes off. Will see if i can grab any at that point. 

just thinking about it too but jbsmarines has started selling Macro, not many but its a start, plus microduster worms etc

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

I got some Stomatella, usually my population explodes then wanes off. Will see if i can grab any at that point. 

just thinking about it too but jbsmarines has started selling Macro, not many but its a start, plus microduster worms etc

Oh yeah just had a look. That's handy..  you know what. It would be a little hobby that setting up a tank to supply macros and inverts to selective people... I might rethink my kitchen display idea you know. Wouldn't have to be a massive tank... 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

plantedreef.co.uk review

received the macroalgae in a letter box sized box, really impressed with the size of the algae i was sent, the website mentions a "small" 5cm strand with a few off shoots and the below is what i received. Each was £5.99 with free delivery, and yes i purposely ordered the most invasive algae's i could find

20211015_190919.thumb.jpg.4aecef884cddc295d1bf09506350f5a8.jpg

Small amount of water in each bag, sent in multiple bags so no leaks and was cello taped to the inside of the box, no heat pack but not needed as about half an hour rest within the tank and they were up to temperature

20211015_194033.thumb.jpg.d094f6edf8754c4682525ccf7419669d.jpg

Thumbs up for scale

20211015_193710.thumb.jpg.ae03c125dd260142bde9058e499dcde0.jpg20211015_193722.thumb.jpg.7d21c3513deb1bb966e747c50062a6d4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1