Innovative Marine Aquariums

Beta Falls tank

TheCurriculum

TheCurriculum

Question.... Is my beta falls 

NANO or PiCO ...tank(s)

will start a journal on this once I start stocking and leave this as a build thread 

Would this be a nano tank or 3 Pico tanks in one ?

Just curious which journal forum would best to post in .... 

3 minutes ago, TheCurriculum said:

NANO or PiCO ...tank(s)

will start a journal on this once I start stocking and leave this as a build thread 

I go for pico. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, TheCurriculum said:

NANO or PiCO ...tank(s)

Pico Reef Journals

Reef Aquariums 5 Gallons and Smaller

I'd go with pico

• Like 3
TheCurriculum

Perfect way to wrap up a build thread . Left alone unattended for 4 days ... everything spot on .  No cycle just adding the live sand .  Good sh1t .   My LR is years old and fulll of happy healthy life so that won't spike anything. 

Auto top off 

4 days sucked up probably 2.5 cups of water by the auto topoff ... so will need a gallon for my week off 9 days ...

For a risk on a cheap topoff I have no complaints works as advertised and super small magnet held sensor is tight enough that a bump will not move it.

Issue 

Need to find a better solution for mounting the incoming hose to the tank....

Betta falls 

Holy sh1t it worked 💪 😆 🤣 😂 ❤ 

Almost 0 salt creep after 7 days ...

Stocking 

Open brain tachy arrives today !!!

Give it a few days than transfer some shroom . Than a week and add bubble tips or screw it and bring it all .. shrug 

20211026_071334.jpg

20211026_085434.jpg

• Wow 1

If your still looking for a container for the ATO. I use a 32cup plastic cereal container. Got it at Wal-Mart for around $6.00 it has a flip top lid. I cut a small small hole to run the hose and plug wire through just using an exacto knife and use the lid to refill with fresh water. Your set up is progressing nicely. Getting excited to see the additions.  

• Like 4
TheCurriculum

Good call on top off ! 

Ok my brain arrived... they either shipped the wrong one (suppose to be blue) or stress from shipping ? 

Came with a free bonus frag ....

Can someone please identify the bonus coral... 

Will start up the journal probably tonight 

Side note.  Didn't realize the light has built in 30 minute sun rise and sunset.  So set for 6:30 AM on and it ramps up to full at 7 AM..than a 30 min sunset at off time ...

Quick vid of tank

YouTube betta falls first coral

20211026_160051.jpg

Screenshot_20211026-154104_Gallery.jpg

20211026_153749.jpg

20211026_154226.jpg

20211026_154232.jpg

20211026_154240.jpg

• Like 4
TheCurriculum

It is the blue . With just actinic on the blue is popping more ... all good.  No mater what I luv the look of it 

Now last question. It's on a frag plug with long ass stem . What is the best way to break that off or cut off . May just bring a hack saw blade and do it by hand tomorrow 

They replied back and that is an acan coral 

• Like 1

I usualy pop them off with a knife. If its encrusted or I cant pry it loose without hurting it for whatever reason I use some chunky garden shears to snap it off as close to the plug as I can.

Intresting acan... almost looks bouncing?

Oh wow it might be bouncing. I just looked it up aparently its a thing. Bouncing acans...who knew?.....I want one! lol

I have a bone cutter that came in my brs fragging kit that works a treat to pop of frag plug stems and reshape round plugs into more natural shapes.  Kind of looks like a wire cutter, but much beefier.

Those corals look amazing!  Loving how the tank is coming together for you.

• 1 month later...
TheCurriculum

Was away from work for a while.  Tank is doing fine, salt creep within acceptable creep factor.  The brain is going to come home as my home tank cracked and I have a new custom from lfs.  Making a spot just for him.  Still haven't ordered snails but everything doing OK.  Will grab a pic at some point .

Merry Christmas all

• Like 5

I really like this a lot! This came out way better than I thought it would. I think it will be really nice if you had a light like an AI Prime or Kessel oma gooseneck. Would be cool to make each little cube a different ecosystem that contributes as a whole. Like the last cube could be a macro garden that will export nutrients, serve as a refugium/planted tank to maintain a pod population that will help keep the tanks clean and help feed the system a little. Another cube could be a tiny fish with some live rock and some softies. The 3rd cube could be lps and some sexy shrimp.