SaltCritters.com

Next Nano-Reef Contest - Criteria Poll

seabass

2022 Nano-Reef Contest Criteria Poll  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which contest would you prefer to follow or participate in?

• A 5 Gallon Bucket Challenge. Use a standard 5 gallon bucket or a 150 gallon salt mix bucket (modifications allowed) for your tank.
    • Nano-Reef Carboy Contest. Use a 1 to 6 gallon glass or plastic carboy (in any orientation, with modifications permitted) for your tank.
    • Standard rectangular (non-AIO) 10 gallon tank (20" long x 10" wide x 12" high), or the closest match available. Additional modifications, including AIO conversions, would be permitted.
    • Any aquarium between 5 and 20 gallons. Additional water volume (via external sump or filtration) not to exceed the display tank's volume. No other equipment restrictions.
    • Something else. Offer a suggestion below.
  2. 2. Would you like to include an elimination game to determine a "Champion" (awarded a Nano-Reef T-shirt)? Either way, there would still be winners for Best in Show, Best Aquascape, and Best Budget Build.

• No Champion (or champion prize). The other prizes would be determined in a typical fashion (where Nano-Reef members vote for the winners at the conclusion of the contest).
    • A "Champion" determined via a Survivor style elimination (one contestant eliminated each week). All contestants will remain eligible for the other prizes at the conclusion of the contest.
    • A "Champion" determined via a NCAA bracket style elimination (monthly head to head voting polls between remaining contestants). Everyone still remains eligible for the other prizes.
  3. 3. Which (if any) of the following restrictions would you like to include?

• None. Let contestants decide the direction of their entries.
    • Contestants must hightight macroalgae and/or plants.
    • Color restrictions (either specific colors, or number of colors).
    • Species restrictions (either specific species/families, or number of species).

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/16/2021 at 04:59 AM

17 minutes ago, seabass said:

Just in case there are questions, I'll probably wait to post it until around 9AM CDT.  That way I'll be better able to answer questions (in a sort of, relatively prompt manner).  We won't be starting just yet, but all the details will be laid out for you.

So about 2pm my time, sweet 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, seabass said:

NANO-REEF'S KUNG FU PANDA CARBOY CHALLENGE!

kungfupanda.jpg.85c019e6921b40edfce48d21ed3fe5a8.jpg

I thought we would have the theme of the competition today(UTC+1) at 9am CDT. Not yesterday(UTC+1)  at 16pm CDT 😖

Edited by M. Tournesol
Time zone precision on the today and yesterday
  • Like 1

With all these time zones, I feel like I need a degree Temporal Mechanics.

zjukqzcm8a79.gif

Just to note, I don't think we'll be breaking the "Temporal Prime Directive" anytime during this contest.

• Haha 4
NoOneLikesADryTang
1 hour ago, seabass said:

@NoOneLikesADryTang, you pretty much guessed it.  Sorry, no prize for guessing the contest.

Boom!! All though, I can’t take all the credit. The Tank Keeper and I put our heads together on this one. 

I know I may be getting ahead of myself - has a decision been made for an in competition game (survivor/bracket, etc)? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

I know I may be getting ahead of myself - has a decision been made for an in competition game (survivor/bracket, etc)? 

Sorry, no game this time.  Maybe for another contest or challenge.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, StealthPrix said:

Do we have an official start date? Or a date we must make our entry?

This contest starts on Friday October 1, 2021, and ends on Sunday May 1, 2022.  In order to qualify, all contestants must be properly entered BEFORE Wednesday December 1, 2021 (with a journal thread tagged with 9to5, and an entry photo containing a specific object).

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, seabass said:

I'd like to see you do another one.  Are you thinking about it?

I'd probably do something completely different if I entered this one. Like to keep things fresh.

• Like 2