Pod Your Reef

Lighting for a waterbox 10g?

Mussin

Just picked up a waterbox 10g cube rimless. Looking for a light, nothing crazy, probably just a few zoas and maybe a few small LPS. The tank is in my kitchen counter without a lot of height space. Any ideas/options? 

Thanks 

Kessil's A80 is my go-to light for a little tank like that. The gooseneck mount would allow you to get it pretty close to the waterline, which would be good for a tight space. If it's suuuper tight and the light needs to sit just a few inches above the water, a lower-profile light like the 20w Fluval SEA Marine LED might be a better option. Either one should be sufficiently powerful for what you're planning to keep.

11 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

Amazon has plenty of 30w lights that are less than $100.  No need for kessil or ai or radion.  

Search for nicrew 30w.  

I use the nicrew 30w kessil knockoff on my IM 10 and it works pretty well. I really like that it's passively cooled too so it keeps everything quiet

I had great luck with a $16 Beamwork 12 inch light I got from EBay. Was growing sps and lps about 7 inches from the light and mushrooms/war coral about 15 - 18 inches below. A single switch turns off the white leds to enjoy the fluorescence under the blue. 

97749D3B-5C5F-4276-A0D6-FFCBE3D73E64.png

On 8/15/2021 at 11:42 AM, MisturrTinnie said:

I got the AI Prime on mine currently, I like the adjustability factor and also the ramping. I couldn't say no for $70. 

thats crazy u got it for $70.  Nice work