Coral Vue Hydros

New Waterbox Should I be Concerned

johnnyvega252

johnnyvega252

Hello Guys,

I got a new WB Peninsula 15 Gallon and I noticed something odd in the silicon on one side of the tank. From what I can tell the bead of silicon does not go all the way to the edge  of the glass on the inside portion of the aquarium. Is this normal do you think it could cause failure? I just don't want the whole aquarium on my floor. I'm attaching to images for you to compare either side.

nano reef 2.jpg

nano reef 1.jpg

I'm not sure how that would last in the long term, but if it were me, I'd probably just squirt some extra silicon in that gap.  If you use some of that 3M blue painters tape around the area while you do your silicon work, then you can pull the tape off when the work is done before it dries and have nice clean lines.

• Like 1

That's a little sloppy, but I imagine it's structurally sound and water tight.  However, I'd probably send those pics to customer support and see what they say about it.

• Like 2
johnnyvega252
On 8/11/2021 at 7:25 PM, seabass said:

That's a little sloppy, but I imagine it's structurally sound and water tight.  However, I'd probably send those pics to customer support and see what they say about it.

So I followed your advice and contacted WB. I think they didn’t want to risk it. They decided to mail me a replacement aquarium so I have yo wait until Thursday for the new one to come in. 

• Like 2

You should see mine. It's a right mess on the bottom corner, bubbles half the bead. Yours just looks a bit messy but is fine. 

I have 92gallons in this 

IMG_20210401_120556.jpg

All the dark areas are bubbles, the biggest is 5mm X 8mm.. not much? The glass is 15mm..

IMG_20210331_202642.jpg