Top Shelf Aquatics

Mini Tide with Bluefish Not Going Dark

pmemmer

Hope you all can help me out with this one. I have a Mini Tide, with Bluefish, and just set it up again after a couple years in storage. Everything seems to be working well... except for one thing: the light never went dark at night. With my current settings, the light should go to 0 brightness on both channels once the nighttime ramp is over... but the blue channel (channel 1) never turns off. Any ideas? Do I have something set incorrectly, or could it be a problem with the device? (No moonlight here either, so it isn't that.)

I had a similar issue and it seems to be some kind of grounding happening.  I noticed that the issue would go away if I messed around with the screws that attach the pucks to the aluminum housing, but then it came back a couple of days afterwards.  The issue would also go away if I somehow isolate the mounting bracket from the tank water.  In my case, I had the aluminum bracket (not the plastic one), so there was some kind of conductivity issue happening.

I put some plastidip spray paint on the brackets (many layers) and also turn off the power at night (Apex programming or you may use a simple timer).  

Problem solved. The cord connecting the Bluefish unit to the light didn't have the correct jumper settings. I moved it around to a few places and finally struck on one that worked. Kudos to Spencer at Bluefish for his help (I ended up solving it mostly on my own, but he was very responsive).

• Like 2