Cultivated Reef

Anemone/Torch Ate Clownfish??

less than bread

less than bread

So I have (had) 2 small clownfish and the smaller of the 2 has disappeared… I’ve torn everything apart and he is gone like a fart in the wind.

I’m wondering if my rock flower anemone or my torch coral could be to blame.. what do you guys think?

Unfortunately with a good clean up crew a fishes body can be cleaned up in 24hrs with no trace.

I don't think an rfa would eat a clown nor a torch. Its not something you hear about often and most cases, the fish wasn't healthy to begin with

Is your tank an AIO, with the possibility that he jumped into the filtration area? I had a fish make such a journey once... for a week or so I thought he'd jumped out of the tank and been eaten by my cat, then realized he was just chilling in the middle chamber of the AIO's filtration system. Complete pain in the ass to get him out...

• Like 1

Rock flower anemones have extremely weak stings, they definitely aren't responsible. 

If the tank is an AIO, yes, check in the filter compartment. 

Check if you have any gaps in your lid. Any gaps at all, even if they don't seem like they're quite big enough. Unlucky fish can get right through the slightest gaps.