Cultivated Reef

Heater for Fluval Sea 13.5 gallon AIO

DaveMc

Afternoon fellow reefers,

Have a question. I am in the process of setting up my new nano, a fluval evo sea. I was wanting to see what everyone would recommend for a heater for this. I purchased a new ehiem heater but it is too long to fit in the back pump chamber and I don't want it in the main display tank. Any suggestions on a good heater that will fit the chamber and heats well?

All suggestions and replies are greatly appreciated 😃

fluval135.jpg

1 hour ago, DevilDuck said:

Cobalt Neotherm 50w fits in chamber 3 with room to spare and an upgraded pump. It's pricey but keeps very accurate temperatures for me. I think the 75w is the same size.

Amazon.com: Cobalt Aquatics Flat Neo-Therm Heater with Adjustable Thermostat (Fully-Submersible, Shatterproof Design) from 25W to 300W: Pet Supplies

This is one I was looking for. But everyone seems t be sold out ☹️

Woo Hoo, I actually found the Cobalt Flat on Chewy.com. Just ordered the 75w to be safe. Now I can save the Ehiem for when I prepare for my larger tank 😜

Edited by DaveMc
typo
Bigals-nano-1

I just use a cheap, off the shelf, short 50w heater and keep a new one spare just in case. This is connected to a heating/cooling controller with a DIY fan mounted on the original cover. My temp stays at constant 26°C +/- 0.3°C. I have the heater in chamber 3 along with an EHEIM compactON 600 return pump which is about half the size of the the stock one but puts out double the turn over which I would would highly recommend. 

925D4F65-0614-4E16-9B26-E88365BC6CC0.jpeg

BAF0F92E-481F-473B-9F13-C9C52909395C.jpeg

• Like 1
On 7/27/2021 at 3:57 PM, Bigals-nano-1 said:

I just use a cheap, off the shelf, short 50w heater and keep a new one spare just in case. This is connected to a heating/cooling controller with a DIY fan mounted on the original cover. My temp stays at constant 26°C +/- 0.3°C. I have the heater in chamber 3 along with an EHEIM compactON 600 return pump which is about half the size of the the stock one but puts out double the turn over which I would would highly recommend. 

925D4F65-0614-4E16-9B26-E88365BC6CC0.jpeg

BAF0F92E-481F-473B-9F13-C9C52909395C.jpeg

Thanks for the info 😄. I think I will take the 50w one I have in my pico and use it as a backup just in case. I'm going to take a look at the EHEIM compactON 600. The pump that comes with it is nice, but i really want more flow from it and this one sounds very promising.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, rough eye said:

Eheim is a little noisier isn't it? might be better off with a Sicce. one is for sale on the forum - look into that.

Thanks rough eye! I did do some reading on sicce as well. A lot good thing have been said about it and I also watched a few video's from reefers who have used it as a upgrade and they love it. Think I may be going with that one instead 😃.

• Like 1