Coral Vue Hydros

What is this that pokes out of coral for food?

Bigals-nano-1

Bigals-nano-1

I noticed while feeding tonight that this thing kept poking out of one of my corals to grab food. Any ideas what it is and is it good or bad? Here is a small clip of it….Thanks. 

47D05319-FEAB-4A39-BCE5-FF89239C6977.gif

Bigals-nano-1
35 minutes ago, rough eye said:

does it look like this? the ones in my tank usually leave one or 2 tentacles out for a while, waving them around.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/brittlestaridfaqs.htm

Thanks for this and it hard to tell as I’ve only seen this once but I will keep a lookout for it and see if I can get a better picture or video of it. I don’t mind it being in the tank as long as it a good hitchhiker to have, not going to cause any harm to fish or corals and is suitable for a nano 13.5 gal tank. 

Hard to tell - it could be any number of things. Do you hear any snapping every now and then? Could be a tiny pistol shrimp - I had a pair hitchhike on some coral and they would shoot little arms out to grab at food but I'd never see them. 

• Like 1
Bigals-nano-1
4 minutes ago, Justind823 said:

Hard to tell - it could be any number of things. Do you hear any snapping every now and then? Could be a tiny pistol shrimp - I had a pair hitchhike on some coral and they would shoot little arms out to grab at food but I'd never see them. 

No I’ve not heard anything and the piece of coral is only about 1” x 1.5” so whatever it is must be quite small.