SaltCritters.com

Wavemaker for 3 feet long tank

Melfy77

Alright so I've upgraded to a 22g bookshelf, 36x12x12 softie tank. I have a IM wavelink desktop (up to 1500 GPH). I like it, but it's not powerful enough. I have mainly leathers which quite enjoy their flow. I also have a small HOB filter but it's not putting enough flow to be taken into account. I could always get a 2nd one but am wondering about the Nero 3. Would one cover the whole tank? MP's are NOT an option, in Canada the mp10 is sold for 400$ CAD (so around 320$ US, which is ridiculous. 

Thanks! 🙂

mitten_reef

if you want a one and get the job done solution, look into the maxspect Jump Gyre2K, or splurge for the Icecap version if you want app-control.  I think the length of the pump should fit inside your tank still.....or you could also use only half the unit.

5 hours ago, mitten_reef said:

if you want a one and get the job done solution, look into the maxspect Jump Gyre2K, or splurge for the Icecap version if you want app-control.  I think the length of the pump should fit inside your tank still.....or you could also use only half the unit.

Thank you!! Totally did not think of the gyre! I looked and ended up getting a maxpect jump gyre 2k. Online LFS had a good deal on them and I like a controller better than an app actually. Same price as a Nero 3 and I only have one pump in the tank! I'm old school when it comes to controller lol, I even got good old wired controllers for our nintendo switch hahaha.

• Like 2

Love it!! Moves water like a charm, fits perfectly in the tank and super quiet!!! Still have to figure out everything and program a 24h cycle but so far I have it on pulse from 10 up to 40%. Corals seem to like it. Now I need more fish. Little springeri damsel and teeny tiny two spot blenny need some friends. I dont know what to get lol. Will most likely start a journal