ReefCleaners.org

Multicolor Lubbock fairy wrasse and cleaner shrimp

Hud

I have a 20 gallon long with a clownfish a royal gramma and a cleaner shrimp. I want to get a fairy wrassebut I’m not sure if it will eat my cleaner shrimp. I will probably get a small one my cleaner shrimp is a little bigger than an inch I think. do you think I could get a Lubbock fairy wrasse 

A 20 may be a bit small for a Lubbock I beleive they recoment 30+. I had one in a 38 years ago it was a very active swimmer and went all over. Mine picked at a shrimp I had sometimes but didnt do any permanent dammage to it just aggravated it mostly. It didnt mess with my arrow crab because it was bigger than him.

You could easily do one of the pygmy wrasse species pink streak,  tanaka, possum, yellow band. Feels like I'm forgetting one.(? )They should not bother your shrimp.

• Thanks 1

A long is actualy better than a cube but they are active swimmers and quick they will dart about if startled. More space is better overall. If they do t have space to run they can be more prone to freaking and jumping. At least the ones I've seen were. 

• Like 1

Ok thank you, I think I’ll get it if I can get my hands on one but I will get it it with caution. If it looks stressed out or is hiding a lot I’ll give it back to my Lfs 

Thank you very much