inTank Media Baskets

GB members

Tritone

Hello

While most members on here are American, the forum is full of valuable information to interest across the Oceans.

However, practicality dictates in some case, cooperation of members that reside nearer to each other. For example when trading, donating, exchanging or even debating hardware as many items of interest are available to some only as expensive exports….. if they can be purchased at all.
So driven by my own needs, I’m asking for all British enthusiasts to check in on this thread for at home exchanges that are typically relevant to us Brits particularly.

T

• Like 4
Bigals-nano-1

I’m just new to the saltwater side of the hobby after keeping freshwater tanks for many years. I live on the east coast of Scotland and I’m lucky to have a few great LFS close by.  I’ve learnt so much from this group over the last 6 weeks and will continue to do so. 

• Like 1

Yooo-hooo

Theres a few of us!
Italian by birth, 30+ years a Londoner (I suppose I will always be-ish) now enjoying peace and quiet in North Derbyshire.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello 

I’m currently buying my RO water from https://ukjellyfish.co.uk/shop/jellyfish-accessories/ro-water/

it’s costing £17 in delivery alone (I don’t drive). 
I was wondering if any of you know where it can be obtained delivered at a lesser cost.

I’m also looking into a “make your own” system but I’m getting lost in a sea (sic) of options. Bear in mind I only need RO water to top up evaporation as I get Sea water delivered (and very happy with the service, quality and cost).

Can you advise?

T

I just use a cheap (£35) RO unit from Amazon, with a booster pump (£35-50) also from amazon. Plug the booster pump to the RO, let a tap run into a jug in the sink and put the inlet of the pump in the jug - no need to plumb it all to the mains or anything. 

4 minutes ago, East1 said:

I just use a cheap (£35) RO unit from Amazon, with a booster pump (£35-50) also from amazon. Plug the booster pump to the RO, let a tap run into a jug in the sink and put the inlet of the pump in the jug - no need to plumb it all to the mains or anything. 

Excellent thank you. Would you send me links to Amazon products and maybe a photo of the connected system.

Very much obliged.

Murphs_Reef
1 hour ago, Tritone said:

Thank you. Looking into it.

im a bit concerned about water wastage. I’m metered……

Yeah that's another reason I buy water. But your spending enough on RoDi to outweigh the meter I think mate. I'm £1 for 25 litres and the shop is only round the corner. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Murphych said:

Yeah that's another reason I buy water. But your spending enough on RoDi to outweigh the meter I think mate. I'm £1 for 25 litres and the shop is only round the corner. 

That’s cheap! Lucky you.

4 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Fit Filtration? 

I’m waiting for fuge light delivery then chaeto can go in chamber 2. 
The skimmer popped….. already…. If things go well without it I won’t replace it.

Although not keen on the idea, I was wondering if anyone here uses a reputable online stockist of Live stock.

I don’t own a car and rely on lifts from friends to get me to the only good place I know in Nottinghamshire. They don’t deliver live stock. 

Any?

4 minutes ago, Tritone said:

Although not keen on the idea, I was wondering if anyone here uses a reputable online stockist of Live stock.

I don’t own a car and rely on lifts from friends to get me to the only good place I know in Nottinghamshire. The don’t deliver live stock. 

Any?

I've only ever used one shop for fish livestock before, recommended by somebody on here - cellarmarine, great shop.
The "please spend responsibly" banner never works for me though 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Murphs_Reef
1 hour ago, Proxo said:

I've only ever used one shop for fish livestock before, recommended by somebody on here - cellarmarine, great shop.
The "please spend responsibly" banner never works for me though 😄 

Up vote on cellar marine.. that's my LFS. They are ace.. can't speak highly enough about Lee and his team..