Coral Vue Hydros

Corals for 29 gallon

Clownfish king

Clownfish king

I’m upgrading my fish tank to a 29 gallon. I have a 50 watt nicrew hyper reef. I have normal parameters 0 or unreadable ammonia, no nitrate and a very small amount of nitrite. So far I have only ever been able to grow a frag of gsp. My zoas never opened and leather (idk what happened to it. It just disappeared frag and all.). So I’m hoping I have better luck with this tank considering it’s bigger. The livestock I plan is 1 tail spot blenny 1 pink streaked wrasse and a pair of clowns (from current tank.) so I just want some ideas. I will have 17 lbs of rock 1 lb of live rock.

In a fully cycled tank there should be no nitrite.

Corals need nutrients to survive so 0 nitrate isn't optimal. Having phos is important too.

I don't think the size of your tank is the issue.

• Like 1
Clownfish king

24 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

In a fully cycled tank there should be no nitrite.

Corals need nutrients to survive so 0 nitrate isn't optimal. Having phos is important too.

I don't think the size of your tank is the issue.

Nitrites and nitrates are annoying. So nitrates are the bad ones and nitrates are the good ones. I will have to test my tank again. I checked last week.

2 hours ago, Clownfish king said:

I don’t have a phos kit

Its important to have a good phos kit like Hanna or salifert. Hanna being more expensive but easier because its digital

Clownfish king
2 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Its important to have a good phos kit like Hanna or salifert. Hanna being more expensive but easier because its digital

Ok so I did mix up nitrate and nitrite. I will look at a phos kit for my tank.

• Like 1