Pod Your Reef

Hi from Maine!

ahouseofscales

ahouseofscales

Hi all! I am a new member to the forum. You can call me Scales!

I have over 8 years experience with aquariums, the majority of that experience being with freshwater. I have two 5 gallon betta tanks and one 29 gallon planted community with an angelfish, a school of rainbowfish, and a school of false julii corydoras. My one true love is freshwater, but I'm excited to start my personal journey with saltwater tanks!

I am a student in college and I am actually pursuing a degree in aquarium science at the University of New England. I am a research manager in the UNE Aquarium Science and Conservation Lab, where we breed clownfish and culture corals. I also have my own research project in the lab, where we are breeding betta splendens to study the marble gene and its link to cancer. I have worked in the lab for 3 years now so I have experience caring for saltwater systems, but I have never had a saltwater tank of my own. I will be converting an old 10 gallon tank to saltwater. It will be mostly FOWLR but I am going to add some green star polyp from my lab. Excited to be here!

• Like 5
24 minutes ago, ahouseofscales said:

Hi all! I am a new member to the forum. You can call me Scales!

I have over 8 years experience with aquariums, the majority of that experience being with freshwater. I have two 5 gallon betta tanks and one 29 gallon planted community with an angelfish, a school of rainbowfish, and a school of false julii corydoras. My one true love is freshwater, but I'm excited to start my personal journey with saltwater tanks!

I am a student in college and I am actually pursuing a degree in aquarium science at the University of New England. I am a research manager in the UNE Aquarium Science and Conservation Lab, where we breed clownfish and culture corals. I also have my own research project in the lab, where we are breeding betta splendens to study the marble gene and its link to cancer. I have worked in the lab for 3 years now so I have experience caring for saltwater systems, but I have never had a saltwater tank of my own. I will be converting an old 10 gallon tank to saltwater. It will be mostly FOWLR but I am going to add some green star polyp from my lab. Excited to be here!

:welcome:

• Like 2